Tuesday, October 16, 2012

What have I been up to?

Maybe stuff like this?

Skull Beaded Charm Bracelet

And this?

Skull Hoop Earrings

And maybe a little of this?

Sugar Skulls Charm Bracelet

Well howdy strangers! I hope I still have a few people who at least follow me in a reader or something so will see that I have finally posted again!

Oh. My. Gosh. What a ride it has been since I last posted! I said I didn’t want to go all summer without posting like I did last year, but then I went and pretty much did just that. I didn’t know at the time though just what the summer would bring!

I am very happy to say that I have made amazing progress on a couple those little goals for the year that I set for myself in January.

First of all my weight, I had a goal of losing 20lbs this year. I blogged about our change in diet, almost completely cutting out sugar, grains and starches. We are still going strong with that, we still have our little treats once or twice a week of a burger and I have my favorite coffee. With 2 and a half months still to go in the year I have lost 30lbs officially as of today!  My husband has lost 40! We both feel GREAT! Not just because of the weight, but the change in diet has done wonders for other things like migraines and stomach issues that have plagued me for years.

The other goal I’ve made progress on is the “plan a business” goal. I have been working my butt off for the past 3 months not only starting my business, but one for hubby too. Remember my Juno Designs website that I posted a while back with my CafePress T-shirts and stuff? Well, that’s not what is on that site anymore! My CafePress stuff can still be accessed through my CafePress Juno Designs site. But now my Juno Designs site is home to my new business. I’m making jewelry, and not just any jewelry, fun and unique jewelry with skulls, dragons, celtic symbols, buttons, washers…..and I have SO many more things to come(think Steampunk and Chainmaille just to name a couple)! I’m also selling some of my husband’s amazing photography. And I have been helping my husband get his business going too. My husband is a bit of a huge Geek, we’ve been moving his huge collection of comics and gaming books around for over 20 years……well he has finally decided to let most of them go and use them to start his own business!

We have spent the past 3 months setting up at a Swap Meet Farmers Market every weekend with our stuff, and it has been a blast!! Sadly because it is an outdoor market it’s closed for the season now Sad smile. We’re trying to find a place we can afford to set up during the winter, but so far haven’t found anything decent that we can afford. I am going to do a couple of craft sales next month though with my jewelry and my husband’s photography….I’m so excited about that!

Anyway, I need to cut this short now because I have like a gazillion things to do, but I really wanted to finally get on here and post an update. I have had no time to work on recipes to post and I don’t have much to post for outfit posts because most of my clothes are too big for me right now LOL, that and I’ve just been so busy  that even if I do get dressed up nice I don’t have time to take pics. Don’t give up on me though, I just need more time to get life a little more organized(which is probably also include a move in the next handful of months) and I will be back to blogging!

I would LOVE it if you would check out my website Smile, I can’t ship to the US off my actual website because Paypal has major restrictions as to how you can set up shipping charges and stuff like that as soon as you are outside of the US…..I have some of my stuff up on an Etsy store, and I can ship to the US if ordered off there, but I had to up my prices a bit because of the extra fees Etsy charges…..I still strive to keep my prices really good(right now none of my jewelry is over $10!). And come see me on my Facebook page too! I have pictures of almost everything on there, and I do my best to accommodate requests too!

My website

My Facebook Page

My Etsy Store

If you’re into the Geek stuff(or know someone who is) my husband’s website is Winking Mutant Collectible Comics and Gaming Books, there’s not a lot of comics up yet because I have to scan and post them one at a time and there are hundreds of them….it’s going to take me a while! LOL

Some more of my jewelry Smile :

       Skull and Crossbone Hoop Earrings Dragon  Beaded Charm Bracelet Skull Charm Necklace

One of these days soon I hope I can find time to get reading blogs again, I miss reading everyone’s blog!!!

 

Jolene

3 comments:

  1. It's good to see you posting again! I'm liking the jewelry that you've been working on. If you happen to be at any craft shows in the NW, you should let me know, and I'll try to make it out to one!

    The link to your website doesn't seem to be working for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      So far I don't think I'll be in the NW. I've registered for one in Dover and one in Strathmore for now. Trying to decide what else to do and how many I can handle. Thinking about Douglasdale and Airdrie.

      Thanks for the heads up on the links, for some reason blogger was being finicky and wanted the http:// added to those ones lol, not sure why, I don't have it on the rest and they work. It's working now!

      Delete
  2. wow, great blog! Lots of content. I am in love with those earings! Love love love them!
    And great job on the weight loss...I am very impressed as it's not always easy to do and then to do it as a couple really helps. Too bad my hubby is already skinny..lol

    ReplyDelete