Monday, September 26, 2011

Ready for Fall!

I don’t know about anyone else, but I am so ready for Fall weather! The past few days were around 30 Celsius here, which to some may not be that hot, but for me it is HOT…..and for here it’s pretty hot! I don’t sweat, instead my body overheats and I get heat exhaustion or heat stroke….so yeah, the whole not having to worry about smelling or soaking through clothes is great, but not really worth it because of what even a little bit of heat does to me. We spent some time outside on Saturday at Heritage Park(local historical village) and the only reason I lasted a couple of hours was because I actually wore a hat(which I don’t do often), I carried around a frozen water bottle and hubby was spraying me with water the entire time. Normally outdoors I can’t handle much over 20 degrees if I’m going to be in any sun. So, yeah, I’m ready for some cooler weather! Sadly once the cooler weather comes for us it doesn’t last long and Winter weather hits Sad smile….I wish we could have Fall-like weather all Winter. I LOVE 15 to 20 degrees, any hotter and it’s uncomfortable for me, any colder and it just sucks because that means that awful white stuff!
What is your favorite season? Do you get “true” seasons where you live? We can get anywhere from in the –30’s to the +30’s in Celsius here. Usually we get lots of 30 degree days in summer and a few pushing the high 30’s, this year we didn’t get our 30 degree days until September though but never went above it. The rest of the summer was nice I thought, lots of nice warm days without being too hot and enough cooler and rainy days that while it got very dry here it didn’t get dry enough for us to have a fire ban in the city(south of us did though)….we usually end up with a fire ban for at least a short time during the summer. Winters can be very brutal here, last year was not only an extremely cold Winter, but sooooo much snow too! I sure hope we get a milder one this year. We’re only a few weeks from when we saw our first hint of snow last year, fortunately it didn’t stick around, but it can…..sucks knowing how close it is to that time.
Another great part of Fall is the clothing of course! I love jeans and boots! I actually have some great jeans for this year too, I’ve never had jeans that I truly love at this size(still hanging onto some smaller sized ones I love should I ever get back to that size)…..but this year  I have 3 pairs! I don’t even remember the last time I actually owned more than 3 pairs of jeans at one time, so to have 3 that I love is a big deal for me! And I found a great pair of new boots for a great price. I just need to find some flat boots now though. I have a black pair and a brown pair of boots, but both have heels, and as I’ve said before I don’t do heels a lot and don’t get how so many women can wear heels all the time. We’re real homebodies, but when I do go out we usually walk a lot wherever we’re going and I need a nice pair of boots with little or no heel for those times when we’re walking around for hours because I know I can’t do it with the boots I have. I wore my new boots  out last week when we had a cooler day(before those hot days hit) and my feet were killing me.
Do you have any favorite pieces for Fall that you can’t wait to wear?
Jolene

1 comment:

  1. I love the fall too, the weather is lovely! Where I live it's still a little hot, but it's getting cooler slowly. I love wearing boots, tights, and cute sweaters in the fall/winter. I can't wait to wear a pair of wine colored boots I got recently. :)

    ♥ Check out my giveaway on my blog: Principessa Gabriella

    ReplyDelete