Friday, April 06, 2012

What I’m Wearing

What I’m wearing today is….my new leopard print skirt from SexyPlus Clothing!

I got my order from SexyPlus this week and did get a reminder of why I hate that there is so little to shop at locally for Plus Size clothing so I can actually try stuff on first. I ordered 3 things, 2 of them bottoms(a skirt and a pair of capris). I ordered them both in a 1X, which is supposed to be a 14/16. Sometimes that size can be a little on the small side for me if they lean more to the 14 side, but the next size up(18/20) is always too big. Unfortunately for me the capris leaned to the 14 side(they are actually labeled as a 14) and while I can get them on and done up, they are really tight Sad smile. My weight has been going down slowly, so I’m hoping I can lose a few lbs in the next couple of months and then they will fit good for the summer. The skirt is labeled as a 16, but is pretty big, it fits more like an 18.

I wore the skirt today anyway, I have to wear it down on my hips because around the waist I swim in it. I’m going to hang on to it though and then in the Fall I’ll maybe go get it altered so it fits right, the cost of altering it probably isn’t much different than the cost of mailing it back so I might as well just get it altered so it fits me perfectly. The fabric is definitely too heavy for summer, so I will probably only get a month or two to wear it right now. I’ll deal with it being a little big for now and then base alterations on whatever my weight is come Fall so I can love it next Fall/Winter!

I don’t blame SexyPlus at all for the difference in sizing(I wish they had a store here, I’ve said it before, the owner is fantastic), I know they get their clothes from a variety of suppliers and unfortunately not all clothing manufacturers use the same sizing structure. The other item I got was a little shrug(which I’m wearing too) and it fits great! I love shrugs and cardigans because I love my sleeveless and strappy tops all year round and shrugs and cardigans make them wearable through the year.

So now I don’t know if it’s possible, but I want to find a leopard print skirt in lighter fabric for summer! I have a leopard print strapless dress that I wear as a long skirt a lot, but I want a short one too, and in a lighter colored print like this one.

I actually paid less than what I’m listing for the items from SexyPlus Clothing because I got a deal that gave me $100 worth of clothing for $40…..I’m not about to figure out what it works out to for each thing though LOL.

P4060154P4060156

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

P4060155

Skirt: SexyPlus Clothing, $48(2012)

Top: Addition-Elle, $15(2008??)

Shrug: SexyPlus Clothing, $16(2012)

Boots: Payless, $40(2011, leftover style from 2010)

Belt: Dollarama, $2(2012)

Necklace/Earrings Set: Avon, gift from my Mom(2010)

Ring: Penningtons, $3(2012)

P4060160 

Jolene

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jolene! Thank you for your purchase and write up about SexyPlus Clothing. We actually adjust the sizing regardless of what the manufacturer labels the clothing as, so we'll correct the sizing of the skirt based on your feedback. We hope to serve you again soon and we look forward to reading your blog!
    xox Stefanie from SexyPlus Clothing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Stefanie!

      Don't change your size on my say so, I would feel better if you had others try them on to make sure :). I know I have lost a few lbs, but that has just seemed to take me more to a true 16 where I was more halfway between a 16 and an 18 before. So while I do really think the skirt fits more like an 18 to me, maybe if you have someone who is an 18 try one on to be sure.

      Either way, I love the skirt and even a little big will still wear it!

      Delete
  2. I can't stand that sizing is never the same, in different stores/websites and even in the same place sometimes, it's so confusing.

    Cute outfit! I love the leopard skirt and that shrug. You got a great deal from that website too, yay! lol :)

    Principessa Gabriella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've learned to try to go off of measurements with ordering online, while it does seem to help it's also not always the solution. With such poor local selection of plus sizes I don't have much of a choice though lol.

      I have to come by and comment on your outfits you posted, I've had so much on the go that I'm bad lately for reading and not leaving a comment. I don't have to tell you about being busy though, and you always take the time to comment on my blog, I need to be better at doing the same for you! Know I DO read every post though :).

      Delete
    2. Aw, it's okay, I totally understand about being busy, lol. You have your boys and a husband to look after. Thanks for reading though. :)

      Delete