Friday, June 15, 2012

The Great Outdoors

It’s been a pretty good week! We went camping for 2 nights, first time in 20 years hubby and I have been camping, first time ever for my boys. We all had a great time. It would have been better if it was a bit warmer and a little less windy, but we had a lot of fun nonetheless. The boys didn’t get to go fishing as they were hoping to, we even had the river running right behind our campsite, but the fish are still spawning and the first day fishing is allowed is tomorrow. They were kind of bummed about that. We’re going to go camping again in a few weeks when hubby is on holidays and we can go for longer hopefully because he has more days off and it should hopefully be warmer by then.

We thought about staying one more night, but figured we wouldn’t push our luck and since it’s Friday we knew the campground would fill up more and not be quite as peaceful as it was during the week. It was my birthday today too(I can’t believe I’m 37! Seriously hard for me to comprehend I’m that old already LOL!), so hubby wanted to take me out for dinner(a hamburger since that’s all we can afford LOL, but it’s my favorite food so I love it all the same!). I also haven’t had much sleep for a few days, I don’t sleep well at the best of times so sleeping somewhere “different” doesn’t help. I probably slept 3 hours max the first night, but I managed about 5 hours last night. I’m definitely exhausted and ready for my bed tonight.

Amazingly my Grandpa is still hanging in there. My Mom and Dad ended up flying out at the end of last week because the Dr said 2 days at the most. A week later and he’s still hanging in there. He was taken from the hospital back to his bed and taken off the IV last Saturday. For the first few days all he did was sleep, but in the past few days he has actually been awake and even talking to the nurses a bit(though can’t really be understood much). He has had nothing going into his body except morphine to make sure he’s not in pain and the occasional sip of water for a week and he’s still hanging in! It sounds like my Grandma might be having some difficulties though and on top of it there’s some sort of outbreak at the home she’s in. I’m hoping she will be strong and stick around for a while longer. I’m so happy for my Dad too, they were able to go see his Mom today and she actually knew who he was and looked pretty good.

So that’s been my week! I have a ton of cleaning and organizing stuff from camping to do, amazing how much work just for 2 days of camping lol, at least it was fun though! I need to get back to some regular blogging though, and soon! I know last summer I slacked a bit, just so much on the go, I’ll try to be better this summer!

 

Jolene

 

2 comments:

  1. oh how cool that you and the family went camping, im sure your kids will be stoked to go fishing next time you go camping, i have never been camping, i know its crazy, but its true. happy belated birthday! 37 is not old! dont be crazy you're still as young as ever :) glad your grandparents are hanging in there :) glad you had a great week

    xo
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had fun camping. I don't think I'd enjoy it...too much outside, dirt, creepy little creatures...lol. Darn, I'm very late, but happy belated birthday Jolene! You're not old, and definitely don't look it either. :)

    Principessa Gabriella

    ReplyDelete