Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

I have lots of recipes I can post, I think I have one or two outfits I can post, I have lots of other posts I’ve been wanting to do. But this week I’m just blah and can’t focus on posting anything good. The weather is really changing and my body is feeling it bad right now. It has been really windy off and on and I get headaches whenever it gets windy. We got some snow yesterday too. Just the whole weather change in general is hitting me hard right now. My head hurts, my body just aches everywhere and my head is so fuzzy…I hate that fuzzy feeling, especially when it lasts for days. I’ve been like this for about a week now and I’m so ready for it to end! My list of things to do is growing and I’m making no progress on any of it. I’m hoping since the winter weather is likely here to stay that I will get used to it soon and get back into the great groove I had started lately. I’m upping my vitamins and going to pick up another supplement I’ve heard good things about…..hopefully those will help too.

I came across one of those question thingies and thought this is at least something I should be able to do without too much thought…..so here is my “Ten on Tuesday”

image

Ten on Tuesday at Roots and Rings

1. What are your pantry staples?
Flour, Sugar, Oats, Honey, Peanut Butter, baking supplies(the usual baking soda, baking powder etc.), Tomato Paste, Diced Tomatoes, Tomato Sauce, Tea

2. What are your refrigerator staples?
Milk, yogurt(homemade),eggs, marble cheese, margarine, ketchup, mustard, hot sauce, ranch dressing, Miracle Whip, cream(for coffee), pickles, Parmesan

3. You already look like Heidi Klum (or your favorite supermodel). Now, what are the top three non-physical things you would change about yourself?
My nervousness, my constant worrying, my shyness

4. What’s holding you back from your dream job? (If you already have your dream job, how did you get there?)
Other than being a Mom I never really had a dream job, as I said in a previous post I always thought I would be a model but never went further with that….too old and fat to do that now LOL! But I am a stay at home Mom like I wanted to be, I imagined having more as one though and not struggling financially(ok, we’re not exactly struggling anymore, to some it is, but compared to what we’ve been through I can’t call this struggling). My kids are getting older and I know I have to think about what I’m going to do as they start building their own lives, ideally I would love to start my own business but what kind I don’t know yet, I know I really don’t want to go back to working for someone else. My husband and I have this dream of owning a very large chunk of land and having a Paintball field, Paintball arena, Laser tag…..all sorts of fun stuff like that on it and then maybe a small diner or cafe and live on the land as well….yeah, big dreams for people with no money LOL…..that’s the thing about dreams, you can make them as big as you want Smile.

5. You have $500 to spend but it has to be on one item only. Go.
There are so many things that $500 could buy that we need, this is a hard one. It would probably be a piece of furniture. Either a real bed for hubby and I….in the 16 or so years we’ve lived together we’ve only had a real bed(frame, headboard etc) for maybe a quarter of those years at the most, last time was about 7 or 8 years ago. OR a new Dining set…..hubby is building me a table(very slowwwwly lol) and I need chairs too, so $500 could buy me some nice chairs. OR a China Cabinet….I’ve never had one and I have stuff I’ve accumulated from my Grandma’s that I can’t put out anywhere, and I just got another box full of stuff from my Grandma’s house that my Mom and Dad brought from a trip out there…..I would love to be able to put everything out on display instead of having it packed away.

6. What is something that you are embarrassed to admit you buy on a regular basis?
hmm, been racking my brain on this one and I can’t come up with a single answer! Yeah, every once in a while we buy chips or junk of some sort out of weakness, but we definitely don’t buy anything like that on a regular basis…..and not exactly something I think we should be embarrassed to buy…maybe if we were buying it a lot, but we certainly don’t. So I would have to say nothing.

7. What’s in/on your bed every night?
Two pillows, fitted sheet, hubby’s down comforter for him and my soft blanket for me, my heating pad….and at night nobody since we don’t sleep at night lol….but during “our night” which is morning for everyone else….hubby and I

8. What is a non-necessity item that, no matter how expensive it gets or how tight your budget if, you will always find room for it?
Make-up! I can’t live without my make-up, I’ll use the cheap stuff if I have to(and I usually do anyway). As for food it would have to be eating out once in a while. I love to cook but often when we eat out it’s just as much for sanity as it is for the food. Hubby will take me out sometimes because I’m home alone with the kids so much, I had no problems handling it when they were little, but at this age omg, I need a couple hours every once in a while.

9. What is the weirdest sandwich you’ve ever made?
Margarine and Pickle! It’s good! Kids were hungry and I had no meat or peanut butter or anything so I told them to use pickles…..they named it the “Freak Sandwich” and ever since we have it every once in a while even if we do have meat because it’s just simple and pretty darn good. My youngest tricked my oldest into adding Jam to the Sandwich once, saying he tried it and it was really good, which he had not hehe.

10. Would you rather: Be banned from Pinterest forever, but gain a million captive Twitter followers; or, never get on Facebook again but gain five thousand blog readers?
How about neither? LOL. If I had to pick I guess I would say the latter. I’ve been on Facebook for so long now that I’m actually growing a little bored and tired of it lately and I don’t care as much about Twitter. I love Pinterest and I would love more blog readers….so definitely the latter.

Jolene

1 comment:

  1. Hope you feel better soon, weather changes make my allergies go nuts, so I kinda know how you feel. I like these question type things, they let your followers get to know you better. :) I'm nervous, always worrying, and shy too...uggh, lol!

    Principessa Gabriella

    ReplyDelete