Tuesday, November 29, 2011

What I’m Wearing

Holy smokes! Where has the time gone? I can’t believe we’re at the end of November already! I managed to pretty much finish my Christmas shopping this weekend, I only had a couple of things for my kids left to buy and sales were great this weekend and made it easy to accomplish. I just have to get stocking stuffers and finish making a couple of homemade gifts. Hubby and I decided we’re not going to buy each other anything before Christmas, we’ll try to come up with something to buy together after Christmas instead. We’ll just get each other something small so we each have a gift to open on Christmas morning. Definitely happy to be done shopping early again, I’ve managed to be pretty much done by the beginning of December the past few years and I love it! It makes Christmas so much less stressful and more enjoyable….and with the family issues that are pissing me off anything less stressful is a good thing!

We had another windy day Friday when we went out shopping, so I had to do a ponytail again. Little did I know that the windy days we had last week would be nothing compared to what was to come Sunday! Crazy I tell ya! The whole house was shaking, and not just a little! All of downtown was shut down because windows were being blown out of highrises, not only was it too dangerous for anyone to be down there with the threat of getting hit by something, but the roads were so filled with debris that some of them weren’t reopened until Monday afternoon. There were trees down all over the city, HUGE trees! Shingles blown off and even some homes had part of their roof blown off. South of the city it was even worse a lot of major damage to homes and businesses and then on top of that some pretty bad fires started threatening homes. It was just an absolutely crazy day here in Southern Alberta!

Here is my wind and shopping ready outfit from Friday, hair secured up, no skirt to worry about blowing up and comfy flats for lots of walking.

PB250015

Jeans: Penningtons, $50(2011)

Top & Belt: Dealzone, $10(2011)

Cardigan: Penningtons, $30(2011)

Shoes: Forever 21, $18ish?(2011)

Cuff: Forever 21, $5ish(2011)

Necklace and Earrings: Avon, gift from my Mom

Jolene

2 comments:

  1. I haven't even begun to go Christmas shopping, too busy with school and poor, lol! That weather sounds crazy!, glad you're okay. Nice outfit, I love all the jewelry. :)

    Principessa Gabriella

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stand leaving the shopping until last, I'm not a crowds person at all so I will do whatever I can to avoid having to go battle the crowds. It makes the season so much less stressful.

    ReplyDelete