Thursday, May 26, 2011

So, What’s This Blog About Anyway?

Yes, the one poor soul who has accidentally come across my blog is wondering wtf kind of blog is this? Well, I’m a believer that some blogs that cater to one specific topic are great, but I personally mostly enjoy reading blogs that are a little bit of everything. I want to get to know the person, especially if I am a regular reader, and by posting about whatever is on your mind is exactly how you allow your readers to get to know you.

So, I want my blog to be just like the blogs I enjoy reading, about a little bit of everything, whatever happens to be on my mind. I will have some key things that will probably be the bulk of what I post about like clothes, specifically plus size fashions, what I like to wear, what I want to buy, where I like or want to shop…..this topic falls under my new found desire to love my body for what it is, I’m not the size nothing I once was and to be honest with you, I don’t want to be! Sure I would love to trim a few of the bulges down, but for the most part I am learning to love my curves and I’ve recently realized that there is some really great and sexy clothing out there for women of my size, so as my boys are getting older and needing me less I’m learning to love myself for the first time in my life and fantastic clothes are just a part of that.

I also like to cook and bake, sometimes I love it and sometimes I hate it. But when I go through a loving it phase I have plenty of amazing recipes to share with others, and share I will! My family thinks I’m “the best cook and baker ever”,  so why not share some of the yummy recipes that I’ve accumulated over the years that have help make that possible.

Family, my family is my life so of course there will be plenty of posting about my family. My boys are in that horrible stage right now(no, for those of you with toddlers, that is NOT the horrible stage, trust me, you’ll be begging for ease of the “terrible 2’s and 3’s” once you hit the pre-teen/teen stage)….so there could very well be a lot of posting about how I want to pull my hair out/run away/curl up into a ball and cry my eyes out…etc etc etc……sadly that’s just the life of being a Mom to 2 boys at this age. I love my boys more than anything, and from what I hear my oldest has a couple more years before he hits the stage where I’ll like him again LOL. So some of the postings might be a little on the negative side with a bit of venting going on, but that could be what I need right now to help keep my sanity…..remember, my boys don’t go to public school so I’m with them ALL the time! LOL! No break for Mommy.

So, I think that about sums up what this blog will be about. I treasure my sense of humor, and it’s a part of who I am, so I’m sure you’ll see a lot of that shine through. I’m incredibly sarcastic, I have a very dirty mind and can be a little odd in a good way…..so take my posts as such, trust me if I have a very serious post you’ll know or I’ll let you know, otherwise it’s all about fun!

 

Jolene

No comments:

Post a Comment