Friday, May 25, 2012

One Year

Saturday will be one year for this blog. We are having a yard sale Saturday though and I’m sure I won’t be getting a chance to blog, so wanted to quickly post about it now.

While I’m proud of my posts over the past year, I’m disappointed in not being able to attract many regular readers. I’ve mentioned before that I didn’t have quite this difficult of a time on my previous blog. When I did my old blog it was pretty much automatic that if someone followed you or commented on your blog that you did the same in return, I’m not sure what has happened to the blogging world in the years since then, but that doesn’t seem to happen much anymore. It seems that for every 50 comments I leave on other blogs or blogs I start to follow(and I don’t leave a comment unless I truly have something to say, I don’t comment just to say come to my blog) I’m lucky if I get 1 comment or follower back. Anyway, guess I’ll just keep plugging away and hope for more success in my second year.

Sorry I can’t do a giveaway like some bloggers do. I just can’t afford any prizes right now and I don’t get enough traffic to interest anyone in supplying something yet. Things are really tough right now. Nothing we haven’t been through many times before, but still stressful and making me a little depressed.

Have a great weekend!

Jolene

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on blogging for a year. :) I'm sure you'll get some more followers after a while, you have gained some in the last year. I try to comment and follow those who comment on my blog or follow me most of the time, I guess some people just don't care.

    Principessa Gabriella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wish it was more eventful lol, oh well.

      I have so much to do in the next several weeks that I don't even know how much blogging I'm going to get done. I keep thinking maybe my lack of followers is because of not being consistent enough with posting, but then I see some of the blogs I follow that have hundreds of followers post even less than I do....so I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong LOL.

      Delete