Friday, May 11, 2012

What I Wore

This week has pretty much sucked for me. Could be worse of course, but it still sucked. I wanted to catch up on some badly needed cleaning this week but instead I spent most of it loopy on painkillers and getting nothing done. My back decided it was a week for laying on the couch with a heating pad and Robaxicet(which seems to be doing nothing for the pain except making me sleep so I can’t feel it while unconscious). I’m used to this happening every once in a while, I’ve had a bad back since I was a kid, but this time it feels like the worst pain I’ve ever had. Breathing hurts, yawning hurts, and omg sneezing makes it feel like someone is grabbing hold of the muscle and ripping it out! I thought it was over with on Wednesday when the pain was definitely tolerable and I went out shopping and stuff without a problem. Then I woke up this morning in even more pain than when it started at the beginning of the week. argh! So I’ve been completely useless and because of the painkillers I haven’t been with it enough to even do any non-physical work. All I can say is tomorrow it better show serious improvement because I have things that have to get done and I can’t stand another day of laying around feeling dopey.

I dressed up in one of my maxi dresses Wednesday and felt so nice in it….but forgot to take pics….doh! So since I’ve been bad at sharing outfits I’ll share one I wore last week to our final meeting of the year with our homeschool facilitator(yayy, we’re just about done school for the year!). Totally simple, and most of it old stuff too. I felt I looked better than what I see when I look at the pics though, do you get that sometimes? You feel great and feel like what you’re wearing looks great, then you see a picture of it and the picture really doesn’t look like how you thought it looked? Maybe it’s all that light color I’m not used to seeing myself in LOL.

This outfit I actually wore with Yolanda from Diva Deep In Thought in mind. The outfit was kind of inspired by some I’ve seen her post on jean wearing days, although she would have some real kick ass stiletto’s on with hers LOL, I’d kill myself in them though so boots with a square heel it was for me. It was also inspired by Yolanda because the top is coral!! Yes, Yoli, I realized I actually do own something coral! I’ve had this top for a long time but didn’t really clue in that it was coral, I don’t wear it very often. Yolanda is rather obsessed with coral, and for good reason too, it looks great on her!

Ignore the mess in the background lol, it’s still too cold most nights to leave my plants outside, so they’re still taking over my house!

P5020159P5020160P5020161

Jeans: hand-me-down from friend from several years ago

Top: Penningtons, no idea cost(2006)(told ya it was old stuff)

Blazer: City Chic, $26(2011)

Boots: Payless, $40(2011)

Necklace: Forever 21, $7(2011)

Earrings: Avon, don’t recall price, at least 4 or 5 yrs old

P5020160

Are ya reading Yoli? Do you think I translated some of your style? LOL

Jolene

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Jolene. I followed a link to your pizza crust recipe and kept reading...

    Anyway, I read about your pain and that you were using heat, and I just had to post something! Now remember, that I'm not a doctor, but I am married to a chiropractor. I know that heat is the absolute WORST thing you can use to combat back pain. While it may feel good for a while, it actually makes the problem worse by swelling the area (heat expands).

    Instead, my husband tells his patients to ice the spine closest to where the pain occurs. Use an ice pack, frozen veggies, whatever you have on hand, for 10 minutes on, 10 minutes off, 10 minutes on again. The area will become numb from the cold (which is nice for the pain), but the cold will also shrink the swelling and help the problem more quickly.

    Of course, you could look for a good, local chiropractor, too, but even if that's not an option, do try the ice!

    Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debi,

    Thank you for your concern!

    I've actually had a bad back my entire life and heat is the only thing that makes it possible for me to function even slightly when my back flares up. I do admit It has been years since I've tried cold, but I gave it up years ago because it would make my pain worse and spread even worse. The ice makes my bones ache so bad I feel like I'm 80 lol. My back flare ups happen to me at least every few months, this time just happened to be one of the worst I remember. Usually I'm down and out for a couple of days, which I have to say as a Mom isn't always all that bad LOL!

    I'm sure your husband is a great chiropractor, but the thought of going to one scares the hell out of me and always has lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I hope your back pain has stopped by now, that sounds awful. :( My younger brother had back pain for a while. Then he went to a chiropractor and it really helped him, but I don't blame you for being scared of them, I would be too, lol. I love coral lately too, it looks great on you. That top is so cute. :)

    Principessa Gabriella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It did get better, thought I messed it up again spending 2 days gardening, but was relieved to wake up and it wasn't much worse than a usual day.

      You are so good at wearing colors!

      Delete