Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Penningtons Review

I recently got the chance to take a visit to Penningtons and do a review of their store. I believe some people were chosen to do these reviews because they are bloggers, I assume that because when I went in and told them why I was there they wanted to know all about my blogging LOL. Obviously since my blog is still at a trying to get readers point that’s now how I was chosen. I actually was chosen through Divine.ca where I have been entering contests for a few years(no wins yet from them though Sad smile LOL) and a little while back I got an invite to join their “Review Squad”. Up until now the only invitations I got for reviews was for diapers and well, we’re sort of long past that stage LOL, so I didn’t bother applying for those reviews. I was so excited when I got an invite to apply to do a review for Penningtons as it is a store I shop at already. I was even more excited when I got an email that I was one of the ones chosen to do the review! So even though I am doing the review separate from my blog where I just send it into them I thought I would put my review up on here as well.

I think I have already mentioned Penningtons once or twice on here, and most probably know who and what they are. But for those who don’t, they are a Canadian Plus Sized clothing store(who DO ship to the US!). My Mom has been shopping at Pennington’s for years so I was familiar with the store even before I became a curvy woman to shop there myself. The selection of the store has changed a lot in those years, they did have more of an “older woman” feel to it back then, it now has a great variety for women of all ages.

I've now been a shopper myself at Penningtons for several years but have never visited this particular location I was asked to review since it's farther from where I live than others. I learned that this one is the largest in the province and was very impressed with the size. As is usual for Penningtons I was greeted with a friendly "hello" and informed of the current promotion as soon as I walked in. The ladies took care of me to get me my gift card once I showed them my email as part of the review program and then left me to browse. Once they saw me with a few items in my arms they offered to start a change room for me. Once in the room I was given the help I needed for additional sizes and styles to try. As I find is usually the case at Penningtons the ladies were very chatty and friendly when I paid for my items....this is something I have always loved about this store and I'm glad to see it's the same even at different locations.

I have been thrilled with the fit of Penningtons clothing. I have always had problems with finding pants that don't gape at the back and problems finding pants long enough for my long legs(I’m not super tall, just have long legs). I had no problems with either! I found a great pair of jeans that don't gape at all at the back, it seems the designers for Penningtons have fixed what is a common issue for curvy women. These jeans don’t gape AT ALL, I’ve never found a pair of pants like these and I LOVE them! I also didn't have to worry about a regular length pant being too short, I don’t believe they carry a “tall” length but the regular length was just long enough!

My one problem with them is that I do find Penningtons quite expensive and normally I only shop the clearance racks for that reason. I did treat myself this time to buying new in season styles which I honestly have never done before, but thanks the graciousness of Penningtons to offer me a $50 gift card for my review and the fact they had a "buy 2 get one free" sale on I chose to spend a little extra above the card and get some non-clearance items this time. I love each item I got but as a single income family to allow me to be home to homeschool my kids our budget just doesn't have room for Penningtons regular prices. I would love if they could offer a bit more of a selection that would include different price points since I know a lot of other women who are in the same boat as I am and are looking for great but affordable clothes.

These are the 3 items I got:

3/4 Sleeve Pointed Long Cardigan with Ruching

 

Reversible Animal Print to Black Belt

 

image

Regular Slightly Curvy Bootcut 5 Pocket "No Gap" Jeans

 

I love all 3 items, the only complaint I have of any of them is that if I wear the belt with anything but pants with belt loops there’s nothing to hold the “flappy” end of the belt. I wore it today over the cardigan and the end of the belt flapping about was a bit annoying. An extra moveable loop like you have on a watch band would be nice…..guess I’ll have to figure out my own solution to that because I LOVE the belt, I’m having a bit of a leopard obsession lately!

Jolene

No comments:

Post a Comment