Thursday, October 27, 2011

What I’m Wearing

I’ve been so horrible with OOTD posts. As a stay at home, homeschooling Mom that doesn’t drive you can imagine I don’t get out much. My husband works 10 hour nights so gets 3 days a week off, those are my chances to leave the house. Once Winter weather hits we may not leave the house all 3 of those days, it depends on the weather. But the rest of the year, you know the 5 or 6 months of the year it doesn’t snow, we try to go out at least for a bit each of his days off.

Another wrench in my OOTD posts is actually remembering to get hubby to take pictures! We usually run out the door as soon as we’re all ready and by the time we get home I’m exhausted and so not feeling working it for the camera LOL. I have to do a better job of getting him to snap some quick pictures before we head out because I’ve worn some outfits lately that I absolutely love! I’m still really picky about what I wear, I’m not too daring, but from reading so many great blogs with great OOTD’s I’m getting better at taking what I see that I like and applying it to my outfits in my own way. To some my outfits may be simple and boring, but for me it’s what I feel comfortable and sexy in.

I really don’t like the way any of the 3 pictures hubby took of this outfit turned out, I felt that this looked so much better that how I see it looking in the pictures and I felt great in it. I picked the best of the 3 pictures, hopefully it doesn’t look as bad to other eyes as it does to mine LOL. I’ve only worn this top with skinny jeans before but decided to give it a try with a skirt and I liked it, but think I do like it better with my skinny jeans.

Please excuse the mess in the picture! My oldest child husband has been decorating for his favorite holiday, and he’s a very messy decorator LOL.

101_2842

Top: 121Avenue(eBay store), $12(2011)

Skirt: Addition-Elle, $15ish?(2010)

Belt: Penningtons (reversible, leopard on other side), $20(2011)

Boots: Sears,  $40(2011)

I went simple with accessories, I wasn’t really feeling like the weight of jewelry(doesn’t anyone else find that some days? You just don’t feel like wearing the jewelry?). I’m wearing a silver heart locket with my boys pictures(Christmas gift) and some leopard teardrop earrings from F21.

101_2845

Here’s a close up of the boots, I ordered them and was going to return them because I thought I hated them, tried them on again a few hours later and started feeling them and now I love them! I so badly needed flat boots(as I said before, heels and me don’t do well). I can’t wear them over skinny jeans though because they’re just a regular width calf and unless they stretch some(not leather, so not likely to stretch much) I just don’t think it’s going to happen. But for $40 I’m not complaining! They are very comfortable and I have another pair on backorder that are more of a pant style boot that I’m hoping will be wide enough in the calf to work with my skinny jeans!

Jolene

2 comments:

  1. This is such a cute outfit, definitely not "simple and boring"! You look great and super happy in it! I love the cute off the shoulder detail of that top and those boots are awesome! :)

    Principessa Gabriella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Gabriella! I'm starting to love these off the shoulder tops! They have a way of making you feel sexy LOL!

    ReplyDelete