Monday, March 05, 2012

Meatloaf Roll

I’m doing terrible sticking to my posting schedule, aren’t I? Oh well, at least I’m posting, right?

I had planned to post this recipe yesterday, but the day just got away from me. I need to share this recipe, I mean really need to. I made this last week and again last night. It is the best Meatloaf you will ever eat. For reals. And it’s so stinking easy to make!

P2270160

I came across a recipe for a Cheeseburger Bacon Roll, check out this woman’s blog and recipes, seriously, you must! She is a low carb blogger, but even if you aren’t eating low carb the recipes are great. I’m sure her version exactly as is is absolutely superb. But, as I’ve said before, I’m more of a look for recipes for inspiration kind of person. I will follow baking recipes usually, but cooking I almost never follow exactly. So, I took her amazing recipe and as always, made it my own. Even though my husband has no idea where I got the recipe from, he is eternally grateful for this blogger who inspired my version of which the “mmmm” and “this is so good” comments are repeated often throughout the meal…which of course doesn’t last long because I think he has one slice gone in about 2 bites.

Meatloaf Roll

Inspired by Cheeseburger Bacon Rolls by Vanessa from Healthy Living How To

1 1/2 pounds Ground Beef

12 slices of bacon

2 small jalapenos, diced

1 tsp Onion powder

1 tsp Garlic powder

1 tsp Oregano

1 tsp Parsley flakes

Salt and Pepper

1 to 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Step 1: Make a “bacon weave”

P2270142

For more details on how to make your bacon weave for the recipe definitely go to her blog post, she has pictures showing you exactly how to do it if you don’t know how. And be sure to check out some of her other great recipes while you’re there.

Step 2: Flatten out your ground beef into a “square” and top with spices and jalapenos, spread em all over. The picture is the first time I made it, I put twice as many jalapenos on when I made it yesterday and that is how I will make it now…yumm!

P2270145

Step 3: Cover that sucker in cheese!

P2270148

Step 4: Roll it all up!

P2270151

Step 5: Roll it all up in your BACON!!

P2270152

P2270157

Step 6: Bake it! Bake at 400* F for 1 hour, then let sit for about 15 minutes before cutting into it.

P2270160

Step 7: The best step of all! EAT IT!! Cut into slices and enjoy with whatever side you desire.

P2270165

 

Jolene

2 comments:

  1. I made this yesterday but used 1/2 ground turkey and bacon sausage. My filling was 6 oz of cheddar and 1 lb of finely chopped mushrooms. I baked mine on a raised roast rack and it turned out beautifully. The bacon kept the turkey very juicy. Thanks for sharing this cool technique. It was very beautiful and my husband loved it. With my changes it ended up having about 3 carbs per serving if you slice it into 8 slices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mmmm, I haven't made this in a few months because I've been so busy, now looking at it again my mouth is watering! LOL

      I might have to try adding mushrooms to half of it, hubby doesn't like mushrooms but the kids and I do and I bet it would be delicious!

      So glad you loved it and made it your own! I think I'll try adding some ground sausage sometime....can't afford ground turkey(it's insanely expensive here) but can sometimes find a good deal on sausage.

      Delete