Wednesday, March 28, 2012

What I Wore

It was an absolutely gorgeous day out today and I took full advantage of it and wore a Maxi dress and sandals.

I love Maxi dresses and skirts, I wish I could afford more. I would wear them all the time! I got this one from one of City Chic’s big sales. While my husband loves the extreme low cut on it, I’ve found that I have to add a tank top underneath when I wear it. The first time I wore it I ended up flashing everyone all day because the dress just does not like to stay put. It appears to be sitting right and just showing the right amount of cleavage, but it doesn’t stay that way for long.

It appears that all of their Maxi’s come lined(at least all the ones I’ve looked at are). I guess it’s ok to make the dresses more wearable for colder seasons, but I only wore this dress once last summer because of the liner. It’s just way too heavy to have a liner on a dress like this for summer. Which is too bad because Summer is when I like to wear dresses. I’ve considered taking the liner out, haven’t decided yet if it’s something I want to tackle. For now it’s a good dress for days that aren’t really hot, so it’s not like it’s not going to get decent wear….when I remember I have it lol.

I love the simple but pretty pattern on this dress, and I love the length! This dress for sure is not a good one for anyone short, I almost step on it when I walk and there’s not a whole lot of room for hemming without interfering with the pattern.

P3280160P3280158

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

P3280161

Dress: City Chic, $20(2011)

Tank Top: Addition-Elle, $5(2011)

Cardigan: Addition-Elle, $10ish(2009)

Belt:  City Chic, $12(2011)

Sandals: Shoe Warehouse, $15ish(2011)

Necklace: Avon, don’t recall price/date

Bracelet: Dollarama, $1.25(2011)

Ring(black one): $10(2011)

Ring(silver one): Avon, $20ish(it’s real silver)(2009)

Earrings: Avon, gift from my Mom

P3280155

Jolene

No comments:

Post a Comment