Sunday, March 18, 2012

What I Wore

I hope everyone had a good weekend! I did! My youngest turned 12 on Saturday, yep a St. Patrick’s day baby! He’s my “baby”, not only because he’s my youngest, but because he’s always been a real Momma’s boy. Of course I love my boys equally, but my “Bear” as we call him has always been and is still a big cuddler and overall sweetheart. He is all boy and crazy about boy things(obnoxiously so at times!), but at the same time loves to help me pick out my clothes, jewelry, nail polish and make-up and is always telling me I look beautiful. He always tells me I’m not fat when I say it and loves how “comfy” Mommy and Daddy are to cuddle up with. He can be the most stubborn little sh*t one minute and then the biggest suck up the next, he still gets upset if I leave the house to go anywhere without him. It’s hard to believe one more year and he too will be a teenager. I hate watching them grow up so fast, but I love that my little family of 4 is so close and I know we will have a much closer relationship as they grow up and enter adulthood than I have with my family, and I look forward to it.

Here’s what I wore last week when we went out for the day. I have been dying to wear sandals the past couple of weeks and took advantage of a fairly nice day to wear some. It felt so nice to go out without socks and boots(as much as I LOVE boots) for the first time in so many months. I ended up going out with sandals twice last week. It may not be nice enough this coming week to do the same, but hopefully since we’ve had such a mild Winter we’ll get lucky and have consistent Spring weather before June so I can get my feet used to sandals again….it can be a pain having to break them in again every year.

P3140154P3140155

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jeans: Forever 21+, $15(2011)

Top: Penningtons, $15ish??(2011)

Tank: Warehouse One, $10(2011)

Blazer: City Chic, $26(2011)

Shoes: Walmart, $15(2011)

Necklace: Forever 21, $7(2011)

Earrings: Penningtons, $1(paid $3/3 pair set)(2012)

Ring(small one): Avon, $20ish(it’s real silver)(2009)

Ring(larger one): Forever 21, $5(2011)

P3140157

P3140166

Jolene

4 comments:

  1. Love this look. Looks comfortable but a little rock and roll. I especially love the necklace!

    Year my only child just turned 10 in February and he is still a bit cuddler, I love it and hope it doesn't go away, but I know as he gets older it probably will, so I will enjoy it while I can!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's one of my favorite necklaces!

      You might get lucky and your son will remain a cuddler! I'm pretty sure mine will. My husband is like that. For me hugging my parents has been an uncomfortable thing since I was in my early teens, my husband however still hugs his parents freely and every time he sees them. He even gives his brother a hug every weekend when he's over before he leaves. He has no problems sitting close with his Mom if she's here with us watching a movie or something. So my youngest definitely takes after his Daddy!

      Delete
  2. Aw, your son sounds like a good kid, hope he had a great birthday! Cute outfit, I love the blazer. Nice jewelry too, I like that big ring! :)

    Principessa Gabriella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a good kid in some ways, in other ways he's a little....well, I won't go there LOL.

      I so badly need more blazers! This is my only one and I just got it in the fall. I love it and need/want more!

      Delete