Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Getting Nail’d

haha, you thought I meant sex didn’t you? Ok, maybe not….maybe that’s just me who would think that LOL. Yes, I’m a dork thank you, my husband has rubbed off on me over the years…blame him!

I have weird nails, like really weird. I can grow them long but they curl badly most of the time, or if they actually do manage to grow long without curling they peel….which is my issue right now, the curling has been better but I just had to cut them all short because they were peeling so bad they were ripping Sad smile. I love my nails long, and would love to get fake nails again except for 2 reasons I won’t; first reason is cost, second reason is fear of infection. We lived in DFW, Texas for a while and when we lived there there were numerous news stories of women getting infections in nail salons, some women even died from the infections. So, that has left me scared of those places now. Now I just do what I can to keep my own nails looking decent….I’m not a pro at it, but do the best I can and save a ton of money.

I recently learned of a nail polish brand called China Glaze and fell in love with it! They have awesome colors available and while I love OPI polishes as well, China Glaze are about $3 less per bottle. I’ve only found one chain of stores so far here that carries China Glaze though Sad smile(so if anyone else knows of any Canadian stores that carry it as well I would love to know who, even if it’s online! Chatters is the only one I know of). I’ve started collecting different colors though and love love love their vibrant colors! I’m even wearing blue nail polish which I’ve never been a fan of before because the colors are so awesome! Might even do green, I hate green but I’ve seen a few pics of some great greens on their Facebook page.

Right after learning about China Glaze I also learned about Konad nail stamps! They are so neat!! Fortunately there is a mall just outside of the city that sells them and I was able to pick some up. This was definitely a splurge for me, I spent a little over $50 on a set of plates and everything I needed to get started….considering that’s the cost of a single manicure in some places and I will get many out of that I don’t feel too awful spending that much.

These are pics of my first attempt with them(I’ve used them several times since but keep forgetting to take pics before it starts chipping), I apologize the pictures aren’t great….I don’t know how to take close-ups without them being blurry….maybe my camera won’t LOL:

DSCF0269

DSCF0265

The base color on these is just an Avon polish, Strawberry, but like a braindead twit I can’t for the life of me remember or figure out which polish I stamped my fingernails with….the toenails were just stamped with the Konad white that came with the kit.

Aren’t they cool!?! The full nail ones are a little hard to get on because they’re not quite wide enough for the thumb especially, so it’s hard to get coverage there and have it look nice. But overall I love Konad! They are opening up next month in a mall closer to me, so I’m sure in addition to collecting polish I will be collecting the Konad plates too!

I’m doing my nails right now and if I remember I’ll take a pic when I’m done and post it later.

Jolene

3 comments:

  1. Cute blog! Those konad stamps are neat, your nails look great! I wish I could grow my nails, but I have a horrible habit of picking them off...ughh lol! :)

    Principessa Gabriella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayy! Thanks Gabriella for being my first commenter and Google follower!

    I'm bad at peeling my nails as soon as they start peeling, but keeping them polished takes care of that for me.

    ReplyDelete