Friday, June 03, 2011

Goody Spin Pins

I know I said yesterday I was going to blog about things I want, but first I want to quickly post about a fantastic hair accessory! Nope, this is not any sort of a paid blog post, I went and bought this on my own….I’m cheapskate and never buy hair accessories anywhere but the dollar store, but I read reviews online of these and they sounded to be worth the extra money.

I try to mostly wear my hair down in Winter, but in the Summer I have to have it up. I don’t handle heat well at all and my hair on my neck makes me overheat. I usually end up putting it up in a bun because I just don’t think a plain ponytail suits me, so I either clip it all up or put it in a bun. Problem with a bun is the bobby pins poking into your skull which can sometimes cause a headache, but when it’s really hot and I want my hair up nicely a bun is the best way to do my hair.

Last week I saw an article on Yahoo and it showed the Goody Bun Spiral. I went searching for reviews and information on it only to find the reviews not so great, for some people it worked fantastic, but for others it didn’t work at all, but by searching for that I found out about the Goody Spin Pins….and those had some pretty fantastic reviews! So I decided to give them a try.

I picked them up at Walmart, they were $6.95 and come in a package of 2, you can get them I believe in 2 colors, brown and blonde. And let me say, I love them!!! I was able to put my hair up in a bun and have it feel nice and secure without feeling anything stabbing into my skull. They held nicely all day for me. I have very fine hair so have a hard time getting hair accessories or really anything to work in my hair because I just don’t have any thickness to hold anything, but the Spin Pins were super easy to put in and stayed. I’m sooo happy to have found these and know I’ll be using them a lot this summer if we ever get out of this rainy weather .

I’ve read reviews from people with thick hair that said they worked great too, so looks like a great new hair accessory for anyone with long hair! Yippee!

This is the Bun Spiral, if it was a bit cheaper I would consider trying it, but due to the reviews I’ll stick with the Spin Pins:

image

These are the Spin Pins:

image

Jolene

No comments:

Post a Comment