Wednesday, June 22, 2011

What I’m Wearing

geez where does the day go? I’ve been meaning to blog all day but instead got busy with all sorts of things then sat here all night reading blogs instead of posting. Reading them is so much easier sometimes LOL.
Happy Summer! Woohoo! And we actually had Summer weather for the first day of Summer! Imagine that! It was a gorgeous day and I only just finally closed the window I’m sitting next to and it’s 3:30am. Of course by the end of the week we’re back to cool and rainy Sad smile. At least we got the yard done finally, and managed to get eaten alive by mosquitoes in the process.

I wore this outfit on Saturday. It was a very cool and rainy day. We went to the opening of a new park not far from us, a very very cool park that I know we will visit often. All the opening stuff was inside but we wandered around outside too so we could check it all out. We got pelted with rain, and I mean pelted not because it was raining all that hard, but because the wind was insane and causing the rain to pelt us. Fortunately I had hubby take a picture before we left the house so you don’t have to endure looking at wind blown hair LOL…..although we had a reporter from a local University paper take our picture for an article he interviewed us for…outside in the insane wind, I’m sure that’s a picture I’m not going to be thrilled to see how it turned out! LOL!

So, on to the outfit, I totally love skinny jeans now, I only have this one pair but can’t get over how I love them! Pre-kids I lived in skinny jeans! Yeah, I went to High School in the days of “bangers” and “preps” and such LOL….good thing I already shared my age because if that’s not aging myself I don’t know what is, haha! I was a “banger” I guess(wow, totally weird saying that, it’s been so many years!) and well, we wore the super skin tight jeans. Back then it wasn’t a problem, I was so skinny I wore one of the smaller sizes off the rack LOL. The guys used to call them painted on jeans because they were so tight. After having kids and ending up with this very generous curvy figure I never imagined I would ever wear a jean like that again, if I did it would only be because of trying to fit into jeans 2 sizes too small LOL! I was skeptical that skinny jeans would ever be for plus sized women when I first saw them getting popular, but I was wrong! Not only are they for us too, but I think they look better than I ever imagined they could on our curves! I’m so in love with them now and on Saturday wearing this outfit I felt amazing! I have learned to love my curves, but still nothing beats wearing something that makes you feel “skinny” and this outfit made me feel that way!


DSCF0328
DSCF0329
image


Shoes: Zellers, $15???(2006)

Skinny Jeans: Forever 21+, $14(2011)

Tube top: Addition-Elle, $10??(2010)

Shrug: Walmart, $12(2011)

Earrings: Forever 21, $5(2011)

Bracelets: Forever 21, $5ish(2011)


Glasses….if you are interested LOL, are from Clearly Contacts. I said I would do a post about them, I still will do one just about them one day. Not because anyone is paying me to, but because I think they are that awesome! I own 5 pairs of glasses, 4 of those came from this place and I LOVE them all and you wouldn’t believe what I paid for them if I told you, their prices are that amazing(and they do some awesome giveaways too, which I’ve been lucky enough to take advantage of). These ones in the picture are my newest pair, I wear them and a red pair the most because I think they look the best on me. I haven’t been brave enough to attempt contacts, so for me my glasses are totally an accessory. They have a US website too, Coastal Contacts, I can’t speak for them since I buy from the Canadian one….but the Canadian one not only has incredible prices, but incredible service too! I can’t say enough good things about them.


Jolene

No comments:

Post a Comment