Wednesday, June 15, 2011

It’s My Birthday

Yeah, it’s my birthday, woohoo! I’m 29 years old today! Yeah, sure I am! What? You don’t believe me? Ok, so I wouldn’t believe me either LOL. But that’s what my husband is telling everyone, that I’m 29 LOL! Ok, so I’m really 36 today, but that’s ok, doesn’t bother me how close to 40 I’m getting….OMG, wait? Only 4 years until 40!?! No fricken way!?! Well, I’m lucky enough to take after my Mom and look younger than my age. I was about 30 before I finally stopped getting the “how can you have kids, you’re not old enough to have kids”, even in my late 20’s I would get the occasional “ you’re still in High School right” hahaha! But here I am, 36 and not a single grey hair on my head, and I only just started getting the little wrinkles around the eyes that everyone else I know my age has had for years……and I am proof that stress does NOT cause these things too! I dare you to find a person who gets stressed out more than I do LOL, seriously I am always stressed out, everything stresses me out, so much so that I cannot believe I don’t have an ulcer or something, it’s seriously that bad. So if I’m still without a strand of grey, stress obviously is not the cause of greys LOL…..I can still say I do not have to color my hair to cover grays, I color my hair because I want to!

Anyway, been a bad blogger this past week, but the 2 people who have viewed my blog since I last came on 3 or 4 days ago I’m sure didn’t even notice. Yeah, feeling pity for myself because I’m having such a hard time getting readers…..hey, it’s my bday, let me have my pity party for this day LOL Smile

So we’ve been busy which is why I haven’t been blogging! Total school issues and now trying to decide on a new school to register the kids Homeschool through. And we have been building a table! I really need a new dining table but can’t afford one so we’re building one with the crazy amount of wood we have in our backyard. It’s going to take a while though because we can only work on it when hubby is off work and when it’s not raining, and lately the days when it’s not raining are few…wish we had a garage to work in! But once it’s done I just have to save up for new chairs and I’m going to have an awesome new dining set made with love by our own hands, and it will be big enough so when we have people over we’re not cramped around the table and pulling out TV trays. It also weights like a ton though, which is good because it is going to be so solid and last forever, but bad because it’s fricken heavy to move!! Can’t wait though, my lovely $200 Walmart table and chairs have been great for the past 6 years and are still in great shape, but it’s time for me to have a real nice dining set for the first time ever! The Walmart stuff can get stored away until the time the boys are heading off on their own and need something.

Another thing I’ve been working on is searching out Ghost Towns in the province of Alberta. We’re going to go check some out in one part of the province next month when hubby has a week off, then in another part in September when he has 2 weeks off. We can’t afford a nice tropical holiday like we would like and after several years of no holidays away at all we are trying to at least go somewhere nearby to get away for a couple of days. I think checking out some of the history of our Province is a great way to spend that time, and education for both us and the kids. So I’ve spent the past few days sorting through websites about Ghost Towns figuring out where they are and what is left. I’m so excited now to check out some of these places and can’t wait until our first little trip in a few weeks. We can only afford a couple of nights in a hotel so won’t be away too long, but hopefully we can see a lot in a couple of days and then relax at home and around the city for the rest of his week off.

I haven’t had any outfits to post because when I have dressed up decent it was just to go out quick and then I had to change when we got home into clothes for working outside. Maybe I’ll have something this weekend since it’s supposed to be too rainy to get any work done anyway, so maybe I can get dressed up and stay dressed up for more than just an hour or two.

Anyway, there’s my little update for all the people, I mean for myself who is the only one reading haha!

Oh, and reading everyone tweets about Full Figure Fashion Week in New York, hope everyone is having a great time!

Jolene

2 comments:

  1. I hope you had a very happy birthday Jolene! Your Ghost Town vacation idea sounds like fun, an interesting way to learn something and go on a little vacation. :)

    -Principessa Gabriella

    ReplyDelete