Monday, June 06, 2011

Heeeels! And Shoes in General

I love reading everyone’s blogs and seeing the different outfits they put together. A common thing I’m seeing in a lot of outfits that you won’t see often in mine is high heels, and often not even a little bit high…really high heels! I love an amazing shoe as much as the next girl, I don’t own as many as most but that’s a combination of cost and can’t bloody well find what I ‘m looking for. The part that I don’t get is how do y’all stand wearing all these heels all the time?  Am I the only fool that can’t wear these gorgeous heels?

Maybe my feet are damaged from years of working standing on my feet for hours on end, maybe it’s my bad knee(no, not from weight, problem since childhood), maybe it’s my bad back(also, no, not from weight, problem since childhood), maybe I lack balance or something? I don’t know, all I know is if I wear heels I sure better not be walking much farther than from a building to the car and back again or my feet will cramp up and I won’t be walking anywhere.

Does everyone just not walk as much as I do?? If I’m leaving the house unless it’s just going for dinner and back we’re going to be doing a lot of walking somewhere before we make it back home. Is this not what everyone else does and that’s how they can wear these heels all the time? Or am I just that much of a wimp that I’m the only one who can’t do it?

I’m definitely not a skinny high stiletto kind of girl, but I sure wish I could wear heels a little more often, it’s just so far from practical for me that I can’t justify spending the money and then when I do try to wear them I feel so silly, clumsy and even “elephantish” in them LOL. Maybe it’s a thing going back from my school days when I was the tall girl(no, not so much anymore, already started shrinking :*(, wahhh!) and I felt so awkward and uncomfortable being taller than everyone else.

Now, my biggest shoe complaint is that it is so hard to find nice, cute flat or flatter shoes! Does anyone else have this problem? I mean I so cannot spend $100 0n a pair of shoes, ok, not even $50. Most of my shoes end up from Walmart because even Payless has a crap selection for shoes I like and when I do find something I like they are not really all that cheap(yes, in the US they are cheap, but here in Canada they charge us almost double what the US price is….can we say gouging??). At least at Walmart I can get some cute flats once in a while for around $15, but even that can be hard to find because they put out shoes that could be cute but then put an ugly print on them and then put the cute prints or plain colors on the shoes that aren’t as cute or comfortable. Or I find a shoe I love but the heel is either too skinny or too high Sad smile.

I’m a girl, I want shoes! Am I the only one that has such a hard time with finding shoes?? Oh, and don’t even get me started on boots and the fact that my black boots are falling apart everywhere and I can’t find anything decent to replace them with for under $100 which I simply cannot afford until my hooligans are off and supporting themselves……

Jolene

No comments:

Post a Comment