Monday, January 09, 2012

Goals for 2012

I am so late getting to this. My year has gotten off to a very slow start. I’ve just felt off since New Year’s Eve and can’t shake the incredibly lethargic feeling I’ve had. Could just be the wonderful world of pms, it does this to me some months where I feel like complete crap for up to a few weeks before anything hits, it sucks(thankfully I’m not really the bitchy pms type LOL). Hopefully it will be over soon because I have things I want to do! I have 3 or 4 blog posts I’ve been slowly adding to for the past week but can’t seem to keep focused long enough to get any one of them done lol. I’m determined to post this one tonight(hey, might be morning for most, but it’s night for me lol), I started it 4 or 5 days ago and keep changing it.

I don’t set New Year’s resolutions, but this year I decided I wanted to set some goals for the year. These are things that I would like to strive to do this year, but if I don’t I won’t be crushed or feel like a failure or anything like that, which I think setting and failing at resolutions tends to do.

My goals for 2012:

  • Do more/better housekeeping…tired of these piggy boys interfering with my love of CLEAN! lol
  • Cook more/Eat out Less…already cook a lot, but need to spend less, so cooking even more is the best solution.
  • Lose 20 pounds…I like how I look for the most part, but my clothes are a little snug right now, easier to lose a few lbs than spend money on more clothes. I think 20 is a good number, clothes fit better but curves stay.
  • Plan a business…said for years I wanted to start something, time to focus and work on a plan. We need the extra money but hubby doesn’t want me to go out and work and I don’t think I could anyway, boys are getting older so time for me to figure out what I want to do for the years to come as my boys get older.
  • “Try” to eat more veggies…I LOVE several kinds veggies but I’ve had stomach problems for 20 years and the good for you foods are the ones that cause me the most pain. Going to have to focus on eating the few I can handle.
  • Cross Stitch…I used to love to cross stitch but haven’t touched it in a couple of years, haven’t finished a project in so long I don’t remember. I want to try to start and actually finish a project this year.
  • Sew….find a place with affordable fabric and teach myself how to sew some things.

I had some other ideas, but I think that’s enough to work on for now! I thought of stuff like trying to stop being so emotional, then I realized that really would be stupid, not only because it’s something that’s hard to control, hormones seem to determine that, but also because that would be trying to change what is me. If anything my goal should be to stop trying so hard to hide how emotional I am, stop trying to be ashamed of or embarrassed by it! It’s part of who I am and I don’t want to make any goals to change who I am, I’ve worked too hard over the past year to finally start loving who I am.

Have you set goals or resolutions for this year? Have you broken any resolutions yet if you did set them? I mean, we are already over a week into the year lol.

Hope everyone is having a great 2012 so far, make it special! No, not because some kooks think the world is going to end lol, make it special just because!

Jolene

4 comments:

  1. so much to do, id say take it all one day at a time, if you get some of it done then thats great if not there is no stress as long as you are happy. I have some sewing on my to do list aswell but thats been on my list for a while now! :)

    xo
    A_Riot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Resolutions sucks... I never get them done...even if I set out to get something done for the day... if it is written down I run away from it...must be my age...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your goals, they are doable! Of course, my own personal goal was to get back to sewing so I am partial to that one. In fact, I have gotten back to it and will hopefully finish my project soon. I will celebrate that accomplishment with pics on my blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great goals, good luck with all of them! I sort of set a goal to be healthier and a few other things, but not necessarily just for the New Year. I have a huge to do list filled with goal type things all the time, so I don't need anymore! lol! :)

    Principessa Gabriella

    ReplyDelete