Monday, January 16, 2012

What I’m Wearing, Birthday and COLD!

I think I finally managed to make it through one of my kids birthdays without having to go off for a secret cry. My oldest turned 14 on Saturday. I have been an emotional bawling baby for the past 14 years lol. It took a lot to make me cry before pregnancy messed with my hormones. I still can’t believe how fast time has gone. He’s old enough to get his learners license now, he’s old enough to get a job now. Both will be coming up in the near future! Honestly, that scares the hell out of me!

We’ve pretty much cut out eating out for this month and probably next, but since it was his birthday Friday was an exception. We always go out to eat on birthdays, or at least the most convenient day closest to the birthday. We have my brother in law over on Saturday nights, so we went out for dinner Friday. Fortunately he wanted to eat at Montana’s(think they’re only in Canada) and I had a coupon. We all thoroughly enjoyed one of our favorite burgers, which are so big that I can usually only manage 1/4 of after eating the fries…which means leftovers for later Smile. I mean, huge burger loaded with jalapenos, bacon, cajun onion straws and some sort of super yummy BBQ sauce…..seriously yummy! And since it’s so big we get 2 meals out of it, ok, hubby and I do because we can’t eat the whole thing….the growing boys, that’s a different story, not sure where the skinny buggers put it all!

I was glad we got to go out and I got to dress up, because I won’t be again until probably this Friday. They warned us and they were right. The cold they forecast is here, and it’s absolutely bitter out there! Friday was decent, cold but not really for this time of year and considering what it is out there now. So I took advantage of it and wore a dress. This is a different dress than I wore for Christmas, but I wore it with the same belt and jacket. I’ve had this dress for a long time but hardly wore it because it was just missing something. I know this is pathetic, but until earlier this year I didn’t have a belt and I knew that’s what this dress needed. Now with not only a belt, but a jacket to add to it as well I LOVE the dress! It is such a nice fit, it’s faux wrap and has always fit decent when I lost a little weight and like now at my high weight. Now that I have a way to wear it nice I’m sure I’ll be getting a lot more wear out of it! I do prefer the pattern of the dress I wore at Christmas, but I’m glad I can get more wear out of this one now too. I know it would look better with my heeled boots, but we were doing some shopping as well and some of the parking lots are a little icy so for safety and practicality I had to do the flat boots.

P1130125

Dress: Zellers, $15ish (2007ish?)

Blazer: City Chic, $26 (2011)

Belt: City Chic, $12 (2011)

Boots: Sears, $40 (2011)

Necklace: Addition-Elle, $10 (2011)

Earrings: Avon, gift from my Mom

Now, this cold weather I mentioned? Well, take a look at this, and it started on Saturday night…..

image

If you’re not familiar with Wind Chill, basically –40 Wind Chill means that’s what it actually feels like out there even though the thermometer reads –28. The forecast temperatures are not including Wind Chill, so it will actually feel colder than what it says. These temperatures are in Celsius of course, but –40 in Celsius is actually also –40 in Fahrenheit, this is the point the two intersect. I’m grateful that I don’t have to bundle up to walk the kids to school or go to work or anything, because I’m hoping to not have to go outside at all until Friday, at least it will be a little warmer by then….provided the forecast doesn’t change. 

Jolene

2 comments:

  1. I love the dress, that pattern is awesome! I love how it looks with the belt and blazer, very cute! Glad your son had a nice birthday. :) Wow, that is insanely cold, hide under blankets all day and drink hot things, lol!

    Principessa Gabriella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gabriella! I've been wearing this belt like crazy, it's my favorite and seems to go with so much.

    I think I've decided to be brave and go out tomorrow since hubby is off. I wasn't going to because I really do hate this awful cold weather. The kids drove me crazy today though and I need at least an hour or two out. I don't think fashion will be on my mind though LOL. Think it will be a simple jeans, sweater, long johns, big jacket and ugly winter boots kind of day.

    ReplyDelete