Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Little Bit of Rambling

I know I just posted my Friend Makin Monday post(after missing most of the past weeks posts..shhh, we won’t talk about that), but I’m feeling the need to ramble at the moment Smile.

Like I said in my earlier post, I have had a migraine for the past 2 days. It has finally eased up and is now just a tired dull ache across my forehead, hurts but tolerable. I’ve always been one to get a lot of headaches, but I started getting migraines probably about a year or two ago and they seem to get worse. I live in a place with lots of major weather changes, it can go from –20 Celsius one day to +10 the next. We can also get some days with really strong winds. My migraines definitely seem to coincide with the weather for the most part, and that is common around here for people with migraines. I’m not one to go on prescription drugs(I can count on one hand how many times I’ve been to the Dr even in the past 10 years), but I’ve just learned that taking painkillers for headaches and migraines can actually cause more headaches. Since the painkillers rarely do much of anything anyway I think this is enough to make me skip the painkillers for my headaches at least, my bad back needs painkillers when it flares up, but at least they actually usually help when it comes to that. So now I’m going to have to search and see if there’s anything else I can do to prevent or at least alleviate the pain of migraines.

Do you get migraines? If so how do you deal with them once you have them or try to prevent them from coming in the first place? Dark and quiet help me a bit, but with kids who are at home all the time I don’t get much of a chance for dark and quiet until they’re in bed. I tried some Tiger Balm on my forehead because I have heard that it helps, I’m not quite sure if it helped much or not, if it did help I really do not want to know the pain without using it, the pain with it was bad enough. Unfortunately I have bad and sensitive skin and I don’t think it did my skin any favors.

I have so much I want to do lately, the number of things swirling around in my head is surely not helping my headaches. I do this to myself all the time. I think too much. Problem is when I start thinking too much nothing gets done because I get so overwhelmed with my thoughts that it exhausts me and then I’m too tired to do anything. I need to pick just a few key things and focus on them I think and allow the other things to move to the side for now. It’s hard for me to do, but I think if I want to keep my sanity and get anything done, I must. So I think I have narrowed it down to a few things.

De-cluttering! I know it’s only the end of January, and where I live Yard Sale weather doesn’t hit until June(May if we’re lucky, but that’s rarely the case). We just have too much stuff though and I need to get rid of some of it. So I need to focus on some deep cleaning of the house and organizing all the crap we don’t need so that come June we’re ready for a yard sale. Some extra money is definitely needed too and that will help, hubby’s first couple of weeks of holiday are in July so if we could get enough money to pay for a couple nights of hotel it would be a huge help for us.

Sewing! I have been wanting to get into sewing more for the longest time and I think now it’s time to do it. I have several things that just need altering, but I also have several things that I want to make for myself and see if I am good enough at sewing to make some of my clothes instead of buying….of course this will also be dependent on finding a place to get fabric that is affordable…that’s actually the hard part! I want to start with simple things like skirts and dresses for myself to see if I might be able to eventually move on to things like PJ’s, pants, shirts and shorts for my guys. It’s impossible to find pants long enough for my oldest(poor kid has ONE pair of pants that are long enough, nobody carries a 36” length without charging a fortune for them), so it sure would be nice if I could make him pants since he has many years of growing ahead of him still….it’s either I learn how to make them, he lives in shorts, or one of us gets an extra job just to pay for pants for the boy!

Blogging! I want to be a better blogger on here, but that is not the only blogging I want to focus on. I mentioned last summer about our trip to see Ghost Towns in our Province. We went out twice, once in July and once in September, and had so much fun. I absolutely love old and abandoned things, it’s hard to explain this love, but I seriously LOVE even just looking at pictures of old and abandoned things. We took a ton of pictures and hubby and I have talked since then about blogging about these places and our road trips and posting pictures. We have only made the 2 trips so far, but plan on making many more. We can’t afford a trip away for vacation(as much there is a beach somewhere calling my name!), so instead we are going on road trips in our own “backyard”. Hubby and I have been trying to figure out a name for this blog and I think we finally have one we agree on, so I want to focus on starting this blog and sharing pictures and stuff on the places we have already visited as well as get us planning our next trip.

Ok, ramble over, felt good to ramble a bit, I love rambling Smile. I’m kinda shy in person(especially until I get to know someone), so it’s nice to let this part of me out somewhere lol.

….oh, and one more thing….I’m going to be a Great Aunt anytime now, if not already. All I know is that my nephew got a girl pregnant and she was induced today(yesterday). Don’t know much else because nobody tells me much in my family lol, I’m just expected to know what’s going on and get funny looks and comments like “oh, you don’t know?” when I don’t. Most of what I know is from reading status updates from family on Facebook, this is how I get my info on what’s going on with family since nobody talks to me, cool huh? Not that I’ll see my Great Niece/Nephew anytime soon, they live in Arizona and as much as I LOVE the place I have no money and no passport to go there anytime in the near future. hmmm, wonder if my husband could get a transfer there?? I lived there for a whole 2 months before, would love to live there in better circumstances/conditions than I did the last time.

Jolene

No comments:

Post a Comment