Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Recipe Time: Confetti Squares

I’m having a frustrating night with my teenager tonight, my throat is sore from yelling now. grrr, can’t wait until this teenage attitude thing is over! Cooking is my preferred way of going into my own little world and relieving stress, but since the offending boy is currently scrubbing down my kitchen from top to bottom, blogging a recipe will have to do! I think it’s time for another recipe anyway!

Something simple and chocolaty sounds good right about now! I made these squares at Christmas time and they were probably the next best dessert of the ones I made, after the Carrot Cake. I’ve made these before using butterscotch chips as well, they are absolutely delicious either way!

PC180076

Confetti Squares

1/2 cup Margarine

1 cup Smooth Peanut Butter

2 cups Chocolate Chips(I use Milk Chocolate)

1 to 1 1/2 cups White Mini Marshmallows

Melt margarine in a saucepan. Add peanut butter, melt. Add chocolate chips and stir until melted, blended and creamy. Remove from heat and allow to cool enough so the marshmallows won’t melt. Mix in marshmallows then pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Refrigerate until set and enjoy!

See? Easy peasy!

Jolene

6 comments:

  1. Oooh, I want some, they sound good! Trying to avoid sweets, this is not helping..haha! I'll save this for the next time I "need" chocolate, lol :)

    Principessa Gabriella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, at least there's no "added" sugar LOL, we'll just forget about about the sugar in the other ingredients.
    We generally only have dessert once a week, on Saturdays when my brother in law comes over. That goes out the window at Christmastime though. We've done pretty good since except for last weekend when a moment of weakness found some Swiss Rolls in our cart and later into our mouths lol. People assume because we're overweight that we always eat like that, we don't though. We have times of weakness, but overall don't eat a lot of that stuff at all anymore and haven't for years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya, Christmastime is not the time to try to be healthy...lol, too many tasty things around! I can't stand when people assume that because someone is not thin, they just sit around eating junk and sweets all day, uggh. You don't have to justify what you eat to anyone but yourself, everyone has times of weakness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look yummy right now! I'm going to have to go see if I have any chocolate chips left in my stash so I can make them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you try them Storm? I've had a seriously hard time resisting making them again LOL. I just may find some in my fridge before the week is through.

    ReplyDelete