Thursday, January 12, 2012

What I’m Wearing

Looks like we’re going to get hit with a true blast of winter! We had some true winter weather early on, then for the past couple of months it has been very warm for this time of year. This week that started to change, and the forecast for next week is pretty much the usual for this time of year….cold and snowy…yuck!

I’m curious to know what others do as far as caring about “fashion” when the extreme cold temperatures hit? I mean I get that a lot of people don’t live where it gets quite as cold as it does here. Our forecast high for Monday and Tuesday is –21 Celsius(that’s about –6 Fahrenheit for my US readers), yes, that’s the HIGH. And that’s normal for us for Winter, it gets colder than that, and once you add in windchill it will definitely end up feeling much colder than that. Normally by now we’ve had many days of those kind of temperatures, but since Halloween we’ve probably only had a few days that cold this year.

While I take care in how I look no matter what when I leave the house, I have to say that when it gets this cold I definitely don’t go into as much detail. I need to wear footwear that won’t have me falling on my ass and won’t freeze my toes. I need to wear something that is going to be warm enough outside, but then not too hot and uncomfortable for when inside. I don’t always wear much in the way of jewelry when it’s that cold because the jewelry gets cold and then freezes you when it touches your skin.

Hubby and I went out just briefly yesterday and while it wasn’t those kind of temperatures cold, it was cold. I didn’t want to dress up too much because we were just going to Walmart and nowhere else, then coming home to watch TV. So I wanted to look decent for leaving the house(I don’t care if it’s only Walmart, I won’t leave the house looking like a slob no matter where I’m going), but I also wanted to wear something comfy so I didn’t have to change again as soon as I got home. Of course what is more comfortable than leggings? Nothing! But I’ve only recently gone from being one who thought “I can’t wear leggings, I’m plus size” to realizing that big girls can wear leggings too, and if they are worn right they look great!

I don’t have many tops though that are “tunic” like to wear with my leggings, for me this is the right way for wearing leggings with my curves. I can’t afford to buy more clothes right now, so tunics will have to wait a little while. The solution I came up with was to wear my husbands shirt! I felt totally comfortable, I didn’t feel too self conscious in the leggings thanks to a longer shirt, and layering it over a long sleeved top worked perfect for the cold day. And….my husband LOVED the look LOL. While I was looking in the mirror trying to figure out if it worked or not, he spoke up loudly that it looked great! Now, I think men do have this thing though where they like seeing women in their clothes, not women in men’s clothes in general, but THEIR woman in THEIR clothes. No, the same loving of it wouldn’t go over if I wore his jeans or something lol, it’s not an open to any of their clothes sort of thing.

So I want to know what you think of this look. Wearing hubby’s shirt with leggings….YAY or NAY?? And how cold is really cold where you live? Do those temperatures I mentioned scare you, or sound like your Winter too?

 

P1110121

Leggings: City Chic, $6(2011)

Top(black one): Warehouse One, $8ish(2011)

Top(white one): Hubby’s Closet, Walmart, $8(2008)

Belt: Forever 21+, $10(2011)

Boots: Sears, $40(2011)

Necklace: Forever 21, $7(2011)

Earrings: Avon, gift from my Mom

 

Jolene

3 comments:

  1. I love the look of the over-sized shirt and leggings, very cute and comfy! :) It's sweet that your husband loves it too, aww! The weather where I live (Pennsylvania in the US) has been weird lately. We haven't gotten really any snow, and it has been almost 60 degrees F one day and 30 the next...lol! I wish it would snow, I love it for some reason. :) But oh my a high of -6 F is pretty darn cold! I won't leave the house without looking presentable either, even when it's freezing. I still dress cute and just wear a coat, gloves, etc. :)

    Principessa Gabriella

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cold has definitely hit us Gabriella, the windchill is -30 out there, I'm staying in this week! LOL

    Thank you Silver, that's so kind of you :).

    ReplyDelete