Sunday, February 26, 2012

Bacon, Chicken Boobs and Jalapeno Poppers

I went to bed at around my usual time, around 4:30am, I got up at 10:00am because it was supposed to be the Daytona 500. Yes, I love racing that much that I will wake up early just to see it, and it was the first race of the season, so I HAD to see it. Turns out I got up early for nothing, the race got rained out Sad smile. So now I will be getting up at 10am tomorrow(probably after going to bed around 6 by the time hubby gets home) in hopes it will be on. Am I crazy? Yes I am! LOL

I meant to get this posted a little earlier today(still Sunday here for another 30 minutes Winking smile), but the lack of sleep has had me taking a little longer to get things done today. I tried to nap but it didn’t work, blah.

Last night I made my new favorite chicken dish, I’ve made this a few times in the past couple of weeks now and it is not only super easy, but so totally and completely delicious! With not eating carbs now I have had a bit of a hard time coming up with side dishes other than just boring steamed veggies or a salad. Hubby is super picky when it comes to veggies, there’s really not a lot he will eat. Jalapenos however is something he absolutely loves, so non-breaded Jalapeno Poppers have made their way into my “good” side dishes list. If I were to make these as more of an appetizer on their own I would wrap them in bacon too, but since I have the chicken wrapped in bacon and I’m trying to keep meal costs down as much as I can(the chicken is expensive enough, super expensive for chicken here!), it’s not really needed when making them as a side dish.

See, not deprived at all by cutting out the carbs, this is good eating!

P2250151

Chicken Boobs with Bacon and Cheese

4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts

8 Slices of Bacon

2 cups(approx) Shredded Cheddar or Marble Cheese(it doesn’t have to be shredded, you can just slice it too)

Slice a pocket into the side of each chicken breast and stuff with cheese. Wrap 2 pieces of bacon around each chicken breast. Put on a foil covered baking sheet(you don’t have to use foil if you don’t want to, I do for easier clean-up). Bake for 35 to 40 minutes at 350*F, then put under the broiler on high for another 5 to 10 minutes until bacon is browned.

Serves 4.

 

Jalapeno Poppers

Inspired by Low Car Jalapeno Poppers by jovigirl

12 Large Fresh Jalapenos

1 8oz Package of Cream Cheese, softened

1 Cup Shredded Cheddar or Marble Cheese

1/4 Cup Green Onion, sliced fine

1 tsp Garlic Powder

Wash jalapenos, cut of stems, cut in half lengthwise and seed. If you want more spiciness don’t fully clean out the membrane and seeds, leave some in because that’s where the main heat of a jalapeno comes from. Lay out on a baking sheet.

Mix together all other ingredients really well. Fill each jalapeno half with the cheese mixture.

Bake at 350*F for 25 minutes then put under the broiler for a couple of minutes to slightly brown the cheese….unless you don’t want the cheese browned, then just take them out, let them cool for a few minutes and enjoy!

 

Please, let me know if you’ve tried any recipes I have posted! I love to hear what others think of them!

Jolene

2 comments:

  1. I may have giggled a bit at the name of this dish...ha, but it looks really good. Now, I'm craving jalapeno poppers...lol. :)

    Principessa Gabriella

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, that's what I always call them when I'm making them for dinner, we're having chicken boobs. Wasn't sure if anyone else would find the humor in it LOL.

    I so love Jalapeno Poppers, and glad it's something I can still enjoy.

    ReplyDelete