Friday, February 03, 2012

Copy-Cat Friday

Well, according to my blog schedule that I made today is Copy-Cat Friday. Even though I have been wanting to do posts like this for a while, this is my first one. And, well, it’s proving to be harder than I thought! I want to copy outfits in a way that I would wear them, but that also includes a price that I would pay. With so few plus size clothing sites out there who cater to my kind of budget it’s near impossible. So I’m going to have to be a bit more flexible than I originally planned. I will include the styles that I would wear, but pricewise some things may be much more than I would actually be able to pay(ok, I admit it, it’s a combination of can’t afford and the fact that I’m a cheapskate…you learn to be when you’ve been through what I have). Knowing that some sites run some pretty good sales every now and then is what saves people like me with little to spend on clothing. So if I include an item from City Chic that may currently be $60, I know that they have 50% off sales which will make the price a little better. And while for some things that is still more than I can will pay, I also know that some items do eventually go even lower than that after they have been around for a while, though selection in sizes may be limited the lower the price goes.

Another stumbling block I ran into was that I wanted to use Polyvore to put together the outfits. I’ve already run into sites that Polyvore just won’t work with though. So I guess I won’t be using it right now, I don’t want to limit what sites I use to put outfits together. Fortunately my graphics program works just as well!

Now, let’s get down to the fun and the copying!

I found this outfit on Pinterest, looks like it was originally put together on Polyvore, by who I have no idea though as it doesn’t link back to it. I also have no idea where the pieces in this outfit came from. I know I love it though! I love leopard, red and flats….my kind of outfit!

image

Here is how I would put this outfit together based on what is currently available and making it as affordable as possible:

image

The shoes. Yes, I know the shoes are a cheetah print and not leopard, and while the two are very similar they are not the same. I put this shoe with the outfit because this is exactly the style of shoe and around the price I would buy…and really I think you could get away with wearing this print anyway even though the purse and earrings are leopard. I’m on my second pair of leopard flats. First I got from Walmart, second from F21, both I paid under $20 for. So while I couldn’t find exactly the shoe I was looking for to add to this outfit right now, I know they’re out there and for the price I would pay. F21 usually has them and had a pair when I started putting this together, but now it’s not up anymore so must be sold out at least in Canada.

Here’s what I added to the outfit:

 

image

 

Whiskered Flare Leg Jeans from Forever 21+ $21.80 CDN

 

 

image

 

Longline V-Neck Cami from Forever 21+ $6.80 CDN

 

 

 image

 

Amber Shrug from Sealed With A Kiss $39 USD(more than I would actually pay, but best value I could find at the moment)

 

 

image

Red Infinity Scarf from Target $14.99 USD…they don’t ship to Canada and we don’t have them until next year. Something comparable could easily be found here, just nothing online I could find right now. Or have someone in the US send you one.

 

image

Bueno Rouched Leopard Handbag with Croc Trim – Camel from Target $29.99 USD….best I could find online, because it’s Target same as with scarf.

 

 image

Gold Leaf And Leopard Feather Dangle Earrings from Torrid $12.50 USD…a little more than I generally spend on earrings…but they’re awesome!

 

 

image

 Beaded Fashion Bracelet from Miz Outlet $1.49 USD

 

 

image

Mossimo Supply Co. Odell Ballet Flats – Cheetah from Target $12.99 USD

 

Wow, it took me WAYYYY longer than I anticipated searching out and putting everything together. Hopefully the next one will be faster and easier now that I have sites more organized and know how I’m doing it!

Jolene

2 comments:

  1. I rock those leopard flats from Target, ALL THE TIME!!!! great picks.
    I would love for you to come enter my Silver Jeans extended size giveaway!!!!!
    www.samplesize16.com
    xo,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sabrina! I voted for you and entered, good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete