Monday, February 06, 2012

Friend Makin Monday

I missed posting a recipe yesterday on Recipe Day, but for a good reason. Hubby and I are making some changes to how we eat. We watched a documentary on Friday that confirmed some already existing beliefs we had on diet. It was sort of our wake up call because we can also say we knew from experience in the past it to be true. Anyway, I’m crazy busy now finding new recipes, re-planning how I do our menu and shopping and everything. When I get into something, I get into it big and become a little obsessed with it! LOL! Anyone who follows me on Pinterest will notice a certain trend to most of my Pins for the past couple of days. I’m working on a post explaining what we’re doing a bit as well as a little bit of “weight” history. I didn’t want to miss Friend Makin Monday though, so taking a break from working on my other post to participate in this weeks FMM. Hopefully I’ll get the other post done in the next couple of days

 

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

FMM: Habits

  1. Are you proactive, or do you procrastinate?  It depends, and I’m not even sure I can say depends on what. I do definitely procrastinate a lot more than I should, but then again so does everybody. I don’t know a single person who doesn’t, even people who say they don’t procrastinate DO!
  2. Do you eat breakfast everyday? No, but then again our entire day and mealtimes are all jumble up because of hubby working night shift. Basically we eat when we’re hungry, not at specific times, and I just simply plan meals, I don’t plan based on this breakfast, this is supper. Hubby is up around 2 or 3pm, we first eat around 3 or 4 and it’s more often than not a “supper” type meal. And often we’ll be eating eggs before we go to bed, like last night/this morning hubby got home at 5:30am and we had scrambled eggs before going to bed.
  3. How much time do you spend watching TV on an average day?  Hard one to answer. Hubby turns the TV on the second he is downstairs, I don’t always fully watch what he has on though, sometimes I do. Once he leaves for work some nights I’ll have something playing all night, other nights I don’t watch a single thing. I really love watching shows, but other than nights hubby is off and I sit and watch with him all night, there’s really no rhyme or reason to my TV watching.
  4. Do you talk on the phone, or do you prefer e-mail and/or text messages?  I hate, hate, hate, hate talking on the phone. I mean I can’t say enough how much I hate talking on the phone. I don’t particularly know why, I can only guess it’s from the years of working retail and not knowing if you had a friendly or horrible customer on the end, or it could be from a short stint I did working for the local phone company on the phones and ended up quitting that job in tears because I hated it so much…I couldn’t blame the people on the other end for getting pissed off with me calling because I do too, but at the same time it was my job. I also have a hard time talking on the phone because I just don’t hear very well, it is really uncomfortable saying “pardon me” constantly so instead sometimes I end up just not knowing what the person said. Anyone who knows me knows I don’t phone unless I have to and that if they want to talk they are better off coming to see me, emailing me or messaging me on Facebook(not so much that one anymore, kind of Facebooked out). I’m not big on texting either, but I would do it over a phone call.
  5. Do you exercise in the morning, afternoon or evening? hehe, exercise, yeah right! Yeah, I admit, it’s been a while. But when I do did it was usually at night while hubby was at work and the kids were in bed. Years ago I used to do any exercise in the morning.
  6. Do you take time for yourself regularly? If so, how do you spend that time?  My time for myself is just working playing at the computer or watching TV while hubby is at work and the kids are in bed.
  7. How often do you make your bed? These days never. I got out of the habit because hubby would be getting home from work and going to bed just as I was waking up in the morning and by the time he woke up I was too busy with other things downstairs to bother going up to make it(and of course he didn’t LOL). Now I keep his night schedule but just never got back into the habit of making it, he also still usually wakes up a couple of hours after me and I rarely go back up to the bedroom until bedtime. 
  8. Do you plan meals? If so, how far in advance?  Yes, I plan a week ahead but allow flexibility in case something comes up and that meal just doesn’t work for whatever reason.
  9. Do you wake up at the same time everyday? Usually within a 2 hour period…depends what time I got to bed and how many hours I spent not sleeping through the night.
  10. How often do you brush your teeth?  Twice a day.

Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions! Don’t forget to go to www.alltheweigh.com to add your link and read Kenlie’s answers. Happy Monday friends!

Jolene

No comments:

Post a Comment