Monday, February 20, 2012

What I’m Wearing

What I’m Wearing for today(ok, yes, I know it’s not my usual What I’m Wearing day, but hubby’s days off were switched this week) is one featuring a contest win! I entered a contest that Moe over at My Favorite Things was running in December, and I was one of the winners! Can’t even tell you how much that made my day when I found out I won! The prize was something from Shop Translated, which if you haven’t checked out yet for plus size clothing you must!

I had to send them my top 3 picks, and even though their selection isn’t huge it was still hard to choose 3 things because what they do have is great. Sadly a few things that I really wanted to choose weren’t available in my size, but I did manage to come up with not only 3 choices, but I went with things that are different than what I would normally wear. I figured what a perfect opportunity to go a little outside my comfort zone, and I’m glad I did!

This is the one of my 3 picks that they sent me:

image

I received the dress about 3 weeks ago, but as you can see it’s not exactly made for Winter, and even though we’ve had a mild one compared to what we’re used to, it is still very much Winter here as the snow last night reminded us. I knew I couldn’t wait until summer to wear it though, looking at it hanging there for 3 weeks was hard enough! I knew I had to find a way to “Winterize” it so I could wear it. Most of  my wardrobe is black though, and I still can’t decide which side of the “black and brown together” side I’m on(seriously, half say you can wear them together, half say you can’t…which is it? LOL….how do you all feel about that?).

I managed to find enough brown things in my closet and make what I think turned out to be a pretty good Winter outfit out of this beautiful Summer dress! One mistake I made though, I forgot to put some tights on underneath it and my legs absolutely froze under the very light skirt part….it will be great come Summer though, in the mean time tights are a must.

P2200122

A dress that would have been outside the box for me is now something that the more I look at, the more I love! The style of dress is totally me, but the pattern is not something I would have walked up to a rack and picked out. I need to try something new more often.

P2200124

Dress: Shop Translated, win, but retails for $74US(2012)

Cardigan: Reitmans, $15ish(2010)

Belt: Forever 21+, $8(2011)

Boots: Payless, gift from inlaws(2007??)

Necklace & Earrings: Avon, gift from my Mom(2010)

So what do you all think? Did I do as well as I think I did “Winterizing” this gorgeous Summer dress?

Jolene

I love comments and followers! It lets me know who’s reading so I can make sure to visit you in return! Feel free to add me on Facebook and Twitter as well, as soon as I have more followers to interact with on them I plan to make more and better use of them both.

 

3 comments:

  1. Oh.... That's a really lovely attire and it would be great to have such a beautiful plus size clothing too. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that dress too! It's fun to try something new sometimes and you look lovely in it! I like how you made it winter appropriate; I do that a lot. Almost any dress + a sweater + tights and tada! winter outfit! lol I like the second picture, you can tell you had fun wearing this. :)

    Principessa Gabriella

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!

    Yes, I loved the long flowiness of it! I'm trying to pose better in my pictures too, it's so hard to do. I modeled when I was younger, but that was sooooo many years ago I don't remember how to pose! This dress was so fun and flirty feeling that it made it easy to pose a little different.

    ReplyDelete