Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine’s Day

I don’t add Facebook statuses much these days, but I added one today on my personal account for Valentine’s Day. I think it about sums up what I think of Valentine’s Day:

“I have the best Valentine because he knows I don't want overpriced flowers that will die in 2 days or overpriced chocolate that I won't eat, he knows I don't want money wasted on a day that is made for retailers to make more money. He tells me he loves me no matter what day it is, he takes me out for lunch or dinner when he knows I need a break, he brings me home my favorite coffee because he knows it makes me happy, he strokes my head every night because he knows I have troubles sleeping and it helps relax me, he's there for me when I have nobody else and need a shoulder for anything. He does things because he loves me no matter what day it is, not because someone labeled a day and said he should. Those are the things that make a good Valentine, and mine is the best.”

valentines

 

Happy Valentine’s Day

Jolene

2 comments:

  1. Aww, that's so sweet, and you guys are adorable! :) I'm a fan of flowers and chocolate though...lol! I've never had a "Valentine" before, so I was pretty excited to receive a rose, chocolates, and a beautiful poem written for me...aww, I almost cried! Hope you had a nice Valentine's Day anyway, your husband sounds like a great guy. :)

    Principessa Gabriella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't get me wrong, I love flowers too, but I just can't justify the cost for how quickly they die. If money wasn't an issue I wouldn't care, though I would much rather get them on a totally random day than Valentines Day, to me it means more. Chocolates normally I love too, but I'm not eating any of that anymore lol.

    So happy you had a great Valentines Day!! You deserve it!

    And yes, my husband is a pretty good guy :)....most of the time LOL!

    ReplyDelete