Thursday, February 02, 2012

What I’m Wearing

(yes, I know it’s technically Thursday morning and I missed Wednesday, but it’s still part of my Wednesday lol)

What I’m wearing….or, wore. I wore this last week. Haven’t felt great this week between migraines and stomach issues, so I haven’t been out this week.

Mixing patterns I’ve noticed is something becoming popular lately. Normally it’s not my thing, I’m pretty picky about patterns in the first place. But I did it, I’m not sure if it really works or not though. The only reason I actually mixed patterns was because I needed a scarf to cover my neck and I have a pretty limited selection of scarves, this one was the closest match to what I was wearing. I’ve had pretty bad skin since about my late 20’s and lately it’s been horrible. It was made worse by something I was taking for energy that I didn’t know can flare things up in people with bad skin. Now I’m having a heck of a time clearing it all up. I’ve started using a different foundation that covers much better than what I was using before, but some areas it just doesn’t cover enough. My solution has been scarves! Hopefully my skin clears up soon or I’m going to have to buy a better selection of scarves lol.

What do you think of the mixing of the print on the scarf and the leopard top?

Do you have problem areas you use tricks to cover up? Whether it be skin issues like I have or certain parts of your body you try to cover your extra “curves” more than others. What kind of tricks do you use to cover up your issues?

P1270118

Jeans: Forever 21+, $15(2011)

Leopard Top w/belt: 121Avenue, $11(2011)

Jacket: City Chic, $26(2011)

Boots: Payless, $40(2011, leftover style from 2010)

Scarf: hand-me-down from a friend

Earrings: Avon, gift from my Mom

Jolene

2 comments:

  1. I like how you mixed the patterns... cute. As for covering my issues... lately... I'm too lazy to do so... so the most I will do is wear a blazer to cover my muffin-tops... other than that... I let it all hang out... lol...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to avoid clothes that show my muffin top too much, but sometimes it's hard to avoid it LOL. I agree, a blazer is a good cover-up for that.

    ReplyDelete