Thursday, February 02, 2012

I Would If I Could

It’s time for I Would If I Could. My chance to show the gorgeous things I would buy if I had the money for them. A chance for you to see what things are out there right now that I’m lusting over!

I’ve spent all day trying to figure out how to cut what we spend in a month only to come up with unless we don’t eat out even once(and our eating out is not much, so even that wouldn’t cut a lot) there is nowhere else to cut Sad smile. *sigh*, how depressing huh? We need my hubby’s income but to live in a city that’s not so crazy expensive to live lol.

So while I sit and pout over finances I thought a break to torture myself over things I want but can’t have would be a good idea and lift my spirits. Ok, yes, that was total and complete sarcasm! But I’m trying to stick to my blog schedule I set as best as I can, and I really did need a break from all the number crunching(my eyes are going buuuugggy!!).

So here’s what I would love to add to my closet if my husbands income was twice as much as it is, LOL:

I loved most of the stuff at Forever 21 when I first found out last year that they carried plus sizes. I got a few things that I really liked from them, then all of a sudden not only did they seriously slow down in how many things they were listing, but I didn’t like the styles that they were listing. Now as Spring is getting closer they seem to be getting nicer things again!

 

image

I love this Lace Flutter Dress from Forever 21+. It’s $27.80, which is definitely less expensive than a dresses from a lot of places. With my current need to tighten the spending it’s not something I can buy right now though. It is just soooo pretty! Not surprising that on the Canadian website they are down to only 1X now though, and it hasn’t been up very long. Wish they would get more of the really nice stuff so it didn’t sell out so fast.

 

image

V-Day is near! We don’t celebrate it, I’ve told hubby if he wastes money on overpriced flowers or chocolates just because some made up day to make money says he should, I’ll be pissed! But, since the whole married people don’t have much sex thing is a HUGE load of BS, I wouldn’t be at all upset if something like this was laying on the bed for me, and hubby wouldn’t be at all upset if I came into the bedroom wearing it! Black With Red Trim Micro Chemise from Torrid on sale for $24.99

 

image

I don’t own anything from SWAK yet, just haven’t found anything in my size I could afford when I’ve looked. Found things that I could afford but they didn’t have my size, and I’ve found lots I love on there, just couldn’t afford at the time. This Classic V-Neck Dress In Grey is such a nice simple style that could be dressed up or down. Grey isn’t usually a favorite color of mine, but it looks gorgeous on the model, could only hope it would look just as nice on my pale skin. It’s on for $29.99 now, they appear to have a full selection of sizes in it too.

 

image

I don’t have a ton of purses like some of the fashionistas out there, which is why I don’t include my handbag in my OOTD posts, my purse doesn’t always match the best. Once again, because of money LOL, geez, isn’t that always the case? I saw one similar to this on sale on Ricki’s website recently but it’s gone now, boo! It’s the first time I’ve seen one on sale, I like most of their purses. I like this one too though. It’s their Large Croco Tote in deep violet for $39.50. Ricki’s is a Canadian store and I don’t believe ships to the US. But for you Canadian ladies and anyone visiting Canada, they carry up to a size 18 in their stores, and they carry Tall sizes in pants!! Both very hard things to find, especially in non-specialty clothing store! Some of their pants come in 3 or 4 lengths, from a 30 to a 36 length. This is a huge deal for those of us with long legs, you can’t alter a regular length to make them longer and finding anything over 31 or 32 inches you almost always have to go to specialty shops. I only wish they carried men’s clothing too, I’m having an impossible time finding 36 length for my son.

Well, there’s my I Would If I Could items for this week, must force myself back to menu planning, shopping lists and number crunching….sounds like fun hey?

What’s catching your eye out there these days? Are you having to watch every penny right now too? I know I for one cannot wait until tax time and we get some money back so things can get a little bit back to normal! I’m always pretty careful about what we spend, but this time of year tends to be the tightest for making ends meet.

Jolene

4 comments:

  1. Girl I love your "married ppl don't have sex is bs" line... LOVE IT!!! I mentioned it once and got much flak about it on my blog... so i never spoke of our "relations" again. Do you get much when you do you taxes? Or do you use that for something more important... there isn't any part-time work you could do to just for burn money? I don't know... I would personally like to see these items on you in a ootd post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Well if people have a problem with the fact that I have sex with the man I've spent more than 20 years of my life with, that's their problem! haha! While I don't believe a relationship can survive on sex alone, sex is a big part of a successful marriage and I'm not ashamed to say as a married woman I have plenty of it and love it LOL!!

    We actually usually get at least $4,000 back for taxes, mostly we get that much because I'm not working, if I worked too we wouldn't get that much. When I used to work even though our combined income was still much less then he alone makes now, we always had to pay. We need that money to pay down our credit card, it's our only debt so I really want to get it reduced a lot, I don't like having that money owing.

    I'm going to try to get something going on my own this year, I just need to take the time and focus so I can figure out what. I know some things I want to do(I just know I can't go work for someone else, I need flexibility because of homeschooling, and we're old fashioned, we like the traditional Mom at home taking care of things way), but I need to figure out will cost the least to get myself going. I need a lot of thinking and figuring things out, problem is I've had a lot of headaches and migraines lately and those kind of make it impossible to focus on anything LOL.

    It's good to see you posting and commenting again!!! I'm slowly getting better at posting more often, but now my commenting has not been good, I'm still reading though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute choices! I love that Forever 21 lace dress; it's very feminine and pretty! Aw, why not celebrate Valentine's Day? It's a sweet holiday...a little over-commercialized yes, but cute. I'm super excited about it...but maybe that's because I've never had a boyfriend to be excited to do anything with before, lol.

    Principessa Gabriella

    ReplyDelete
  4. We do say Happy Valentines Day to each other, but we don't waste money on stuff for it. And hubby works and almost always works it anyway LOL, so it will just be our usual day...he gets up and heats, hangs with me for a bit and then off to work for the night.

    Glad you have someone to spend it with this year!

    ReplyDelete