Monday, February 20, 2012

Friend Makin Monday

image

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s questions on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

FMM: Travel

  1. Where did your most recent trip take you?  Last road trip was last September to the southern corner of my province. Last trip actually away from here was 2004/2005 when we went from here to Mexico, then Phoenix, then Texas…..they were moves but our last holiday before that was 7 years before, so they were kind of like move/trip rolled into one I guess lol.
  2. Is there a place that you’d like to visit that you haven’t yet?  If so, where?  Oh gosh, so many! I would love to just travel all around Canada and the US. There’s places overseas I would like to visit(Scotland and Ireland, yes please!), but even if money weren’t an issue I’m a little scared to fly like that.
  3. Do you travel lightly, or do you cram as much into your luggage as possible?  Well, I pack for 4 so not lightly, but at the same time I try not to take more than is needed.
  4. Do your eating and exercise habits change when you travel? If so, how?  There has been a couple of times in the past that we’ve gone away and I’ve been on some sort of eating plan and it definitely never sticks while we are away. Restaurants up here especially just don’t cater to a lot of different eating lifestyles.
  5. Tell us about a place you’ve been that you’d like to go back to.  Mazatlan, I absolutely adore that place and have been 4 times. With the instability in Mexico, combined with lack of money I’m sure it will be a very long time before I go there again. And my inlaws have been trying to sell their home there, which means no more free accommodation for us. And Phoenix, and Dallas-Fort Worth…..LOVE both those places too and miss them so much!
  6. Do you prefer to travel at a certain time of year?  Not really, if driving of course winter is bad.
  7. If you had to choose, would you go to the beach or the mountains?  I love the beauty and peacefulness of the mountains, but I LOVE the beach so it would be my pick!
  8. Have you ever needed a passport to travel?  We got one for our second trip to Mexico 14 years ago, we were flying and were told if flying you were better off with one. Haven’t had one since though, which is why now we can’t even drive into the US unless we buy them(for the whole family that’s a LOT of money!)…..grrrr, so stupid that we need one just to drive across the border now!
  9. Do you collect anything in your travels?  No, just pictures and memories. When I was a teenager I used to collect shotglasses wherever we went, still have them.
  10. Where do you plan to go next?  We are going on another road trip here in our Province again in July and another in September…just a few nights each time….hotel rooms are expensive here!

Now it’s your turn! Don’t forget to go to All the Weigh to share a link in the comments!  Happy Monday friends!

Jolene

5 comments:

  1. I always think it's great to stumble on another Canadian when I'm bouncing around blogs. Have fun travelling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Travelling with kids is expensive, I know! We have 3, and between the extra hotel charges, needing 5 passports, restaurant meals for teenage boys - it's insane! We mostly do road trips with them too. Flights are just too much most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Came by from FMM. I'm in Dallas, very cool that it's on the list of places you like! My best friend has a life-long shot glass collection and her husband hates it. They're mostly in boxes now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to exploring your blog further. Stopping in from FMM. www.learningtolovethegym.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jolene, just stopping by from FMM! I love finding more Canucks online!
    I'm in Edmonton currently... by June set to be in Vancouver though! Can't wait to escape winter!!!!

    I haven't been to Mazatlan but I've been to all the places other than there. Soon... soon....

    ReplyDelete